- Up to $60 per hour
- 12 month contract
- Roads projects
Project Engineer- Field Inspector role with Resource Infrastructure organisation based in Potts Hill.
Our client is a State Government Resource Infrastructure organisation, due to growing workload they are looking to engage a Project Engineer- Field Inspector on a 12 month contract basis to their Potts Hill team.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Senior Contracts Manager with the delivery of works and services through contractors and the Road Restoration Program.
- Assessing incoming jobs, creating work orders, allocating them to contractors, and monitoring their completion, including road and restoration related tasks.
- Coordinating scoping and quotation processes for jobs as required.
- Providing direct analytical and reporting preparation support to the Group Program/ Delivery Manager.
- Reviewing, preparing, and progressing contract payment claims and invoices for internal approval.
- Reviewing, assessing, and progressing cost adjustments and variation claims.
- Assisting the evaluation of contractor performance, with appropriate analysis and reporting as required.
- Applying time management principles to minimise the risk of poor outcomes.
- Conducting site inspections for safety, environment, community and quality parameters on a risk based frequency.
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering, or relevant experience.
- Recent relevant experience in Road Restoration and Services contracts.
- Recent experience supporting road restoration Program based activities.
- Ability to work across multiple tasks with attention to detail to achieve deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including listening and interpretation.
- Ability to form strong, positive working relationship with internal and external stakeholders, with a genuine customers focus.
- Ability to present varied data in a concise and easily understood manner.
- Computer literacy in the application of software packages used in the business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508