Professional/Senior Traffic Engineer
Australia - Queensland, Fortitude Valley
AECOM’s Civil Infrastructure group is looking for a passionate and highly driven Professional or Senior Traffic Engineer to support the transport planning, traffic engineering and highway design teams across Queensland and interstate. Project managing small to medium sized projects, covering transport planning, traffic engineering; including Transport Impact Assessment, mesoscopic and microsimulation modelling and road safety will form part of this role.
The Professional/ Senior Professional will contribute to the winning and delivery of small to large scale projects and assist with preparing proposals and presentations to clients to win work.
We are seeking a future leader with an interest in succession and long term growth in AECOM - an individual who is looking to develop their career within a global organisation. Working on a range of projects, this role will give you the opportunity to develop and shape your career.
- Cross River Rail (RIS)
- Centenary Bridge PD and DD
- Pacific Motorway 19th Avenue to Tugun Preliminary and Detailed
- Bruce Highway Deception Bay Road - Caboolture PE
- Inland Rail Feasibility Design Traffic Impact Assessment
- Edmonton to Gordonvale Design and Construction - Submitted, awaiting decision
- Beerburrum to Nambour, SCLR DBC and GCLR Stage 3 - Capture planning
- Support for other awarded projects, pending projects and capture planning opportunities
- Well-developed analytic and interpretive skills, including experience in standard transport planning and/or traffic engineering software, eg Emme, VISSIM/ VISUM, Aimsun, Paramics, SATURN, SIDRA etc
- Demonstrated experience working on traffic engineering and transport planning projects is essential, including awareness and understanding of standards and guidelines , eg relevant Australian Standards, Council planning schemes, GTIA and Austroads guidelines.
- Experience in using and developing scripts and macros in these packages desirable;
- Experience in Traffic Impact Assessment and road safety desirable
- Experience in the use of GIS techniques in the application to traffic modelling outputs and analysis desirable
- Flexibility in respect to duties undertaken.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including report writing
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of larger project teams within the Highways and other business lines
- RPEQ qualification, or commitment to work towards attaining RPEQ status
Your strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn and a desire to work in a dynamic deadline driven team environment will be keys to your success in this role.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, planning, economics, mathematics or other disciplines relevant to transport planning
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant professional experience in one or more of the following:
- Traffic engineering
- Transport planning
- Traffic modelling
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.