Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
About the opportunity
We have an outstanding leadership opportunity for a passionate operational supervisor in the role of Production Superintendent. Join us! This is a Fixed Term contract or internal secondment, ending 30th April 2021.
Reporting to the Willowdale Mine Manager and working in a team of two Production Superintendents on site, this role focuses on the current and future safety and production capabilities in your area of responsibility. Specifically, establishing and maintaining standards for operational activities in order to achieve continual improvement in the areas of mine site safety, environmental, cost, quality and efficiency.
- Leading, engaging and developing your team which consists of Supervisors and crews operating the mine on continuous 12-hour shifts, as well as the functional support staff on site who work a range of 10.3 hour and day shift rosters
- Setting strategic direction for the efficient coordination of the production shifts
- Working with the mine site maintenance team to optimise equipment use and availability
For the right candidate, flexible work arrangements would be considered for this role. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
As a nationally recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusion, Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences.
Our values €“ act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people €“ are at the foundation of everything we do.
To play a part in our ongoing success, we are seeking someone with:
- well-developed leadership to develop others to achieve their full potential and achieve goals through engagement and fostering an inclusive, safety-focused work culture
- the ability to demonstrate a high level of strategic thinking, planning, problem solving skills, coordination and versatility
- effective communication and influencing skills across all levels of the business
- relevant mine site experience with heavy mobile equipment, ideally bauxite mining, supported by a relevant degree qualification
As an Alcoa employee, you will embark on growth opportunities and can truly make a difference being part of an organisation that respects and considers flexibility whilst empowering you with stimulating and challenging work.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time.
About where you will work
Willowdale Bauxite Mine is located in the Darling Range near Waroona, approximately 120 kilometres south of Perth. It mines and supplies bauxite ore to Alcoa€™s Wagerup Alumina Refinery. Approximately 300 people work at the mine.
Wednesday 8th July 2020
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
- Find out more about working for Alcoa in Australia at www.alcoa.com.au/opportunities-aus
About Alcoa in Australia?
- Alcoa employs approximately 4,000 people in Western Australia and Victoria; most of our employees live regionally and our head office is in the Perth suburb of Booragoon.
- Alcoa has been named an employer of choice for 18 consecutive years by the Federal Government€™s Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
- Alcoa is an active and supportive partner in the community. The company sponsors ideas and opportunities important to local people such as addressing mental health, inspiring youth, promoting environmental education and highlighting health and safety.
- Alcoa has been contributing economically and socially in Western Australia and Victoria for more than 56 years. More than 65 per cent of Alcoa€™s Australian annual revenue stays in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalties, capital investment and dividends to Australian shareholders.