If you are looking for a career opportunity with a leading independent Australian manufacturer of Dairy Products, look no further. We’re building our success from our strengths - innovation, quality products and consumer loyalty.
Born from the passion towards Indian subcontinental cuisine, we are an Australian Dairy Manufacturer for the Indian dairy products such as Indian cottage cheese known as Paneer. It is company's target to reach widespread consumers enjoying sub-continent food delicacies (India, Pakistan, Sri-Lanka, Fiji, Bangladeshi, Lebanese, Afghani, Nepali and Middle East) and at the same time, supply to other Australian communities who love sub-continent meals. We are also expanding into International Markets with top class dairy products.
Due to growth in the business and the passion of the Managing Director for building a team of astute professionals, we are now seeking a Production Manager to join our leading manufacturing business. Reporting to the Director of the business, your general duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Planning and organising all production cycles as per business performance and requirements.
- Directing and coordinating all production staff, ensuring that there are suitable resources available to cover any special orders as well as seasonal variations.
- Planning activities ahead, in coordination with other management and Director of the business for quantity/quality outputs, operating costs and labour requirements.
- New plant and equipment may be purchased from time to time; the position would be responsible for installation and proper functioning of the same.
- Continually working towards more sustainable production methods and presenting process improvements as well other recommendations to the Director of the business on a regular basis.
- Must ensure that all Production staff are trained on WH&S Standards as well as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be used while working on the equipment.
- Responsible for strategising policies and plans for production as per requirements; and implementing the same within the budget guidelines.
- Responsible for plant maintenance, operating hours and planning for ensuring availability of operation critical tools and parts for the various equipment used within the manufacturing plant ensuring that there is minimal or no downtime.
- Foreseeing any issues and matters with production as well as production cycles and keeping other managers, as well as Director, informed at all times.
- Minimising costs by streamlining processes, maximizing resource utilisation and continually monitoring production outputs and associated costs while reporting any anomalies to the Director on a regular basis.
- Responsible for controlling preparation for production and all production records at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining Workplace Health and Safety standards throughout the manufacturing unit and the general safety of all Production staff.
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff are signed off on safe operations of the machinery, plant and equipment.
- Responsible for Production staff hiring, disciplining, performance reviews, and daily activities.
You will have a Graduate Degree or a minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role within Dairy Manufacturing. Along with a general understanding of the operation of a marketing team, you will also have the following skillset:
- Strong attention to detail;
- Sound verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workflow;
- Maturity to deal with sensitive and confidential information.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity.
on an external site.
on an external site.