Location: Rydalmere, Australia
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our Site
Our Rydalmere site is home to over 500 employees working across Ground Transportation Systems, Maritime and Secure Communication & Information Systems. With an onsite subsidised cafeteria, well equipped gymnasium and free onsite parking our Rydalmere facility is conveniently located close to Parramatta and Ryde. There are also ferry, bus and train stations within easy walking distance.
About the role
Reporting to the Collins Towed Array Project Manager, you will be responsible for providing general production support, development and implementation of an improved production line in our towed array manufacturing facility in Rydalmere. This an exciting opportunity to apply sound manufacturing engineering practices including design of jigs and tools, identification and sourcing of equipment and machinery and application of lean methodology to the production line.
· Ensuring that manufacturing systems and processes are designed to ensure all products can be manufactured in the most cost effective manner whilst ensuring design requirements are satisfied
· Applying aspects of lean methodology in the context of continuous improvement of equipment, methods and procedures with respect to safety, cost, quality and time
· Assisting engineering with prototype manufacturing and qualification testing and developing new manufacturing processes with current and future technology
· Providing comprehensive technical support to production, including query resolution and interpretation of production documentation
· Multiple stakeholder management across departments of materials control, configuration, quality assurance and goods inwards and engineering to ensure smooth delivery
You hold the following skills and attributes:
· Tertiary qualification in Production or related engineering disciplines with minimum five years in a manufacturing environment as production engineer
· Hands on work experience and practical knowledge of production methods and procedures
· Familiarity with detailed engineering drawings and schedules as well as production assembly and test instructions
· Team management experience with the ability to train and mentor staff in the new tasks.
The position is dependent on the candidate being an Australian Citizen and eligibility to obtain a Defence Security Clearance.
The suitable candidate needs to be ITARS cleared; therefore Thales needs to know if you hold any passport other than Australian, or have dual citizenship.
You will also need to successfully clear a pre-employment medical and police check.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
on an external site.
on an external site.