Mentally Friendly is a design and innovation studio. We’re trusted by Australia’s biggest and most complex organisations to help them move forward with confidence.
We support decision-makers to build evidence and confidently launch new products and services that make people's lives better.
The role we’re hiring for
A Product Manager who is passionate about leading multi-disciplinary teams to define new propositions and launch new products.
You are a strong influencer, who inspires a like-minded team to come together, solve real-world problems, and deliver quality work.
As a member of the Product Management team, you will contribute to our product culture by sharing your expertise, advocating knowledge and suggesting new ways to improve our processes.
Practices that our Product Managers own to ensure that our products meet customer needs and drive business value.
- Set up the project with the right approach and team structure fit for solving each product problem.
- Plan and facilitate workshops to define the problem and inform a chosen direction for designing the right solution.
- Champions of the product vision within the product team and communicates this upwards to senior stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the product team to roadmap product features and prioritise based on customer needs and business value.
- Facilitate sprint rituals including product stand-ups, check-ins and demonstrations to drive momentum, transparency and communication.
- Monitor project resourcing, profitability and progress to ensure projects remain within budget.
- Drive the processes for bringing a multi-disciplinary product (strategy, design & development) team together to collaborate and problem solve.
- Drive client communication to bring stakeholders on the journey and influence the direction of a product.
- Assist in the creation of assumptions and experiments, facilitates user testing and synthesises customer insights to inform decisions.
- Empower teams to do their best work by taking into consideration their subject expertise and personal needs.
The type of person we’re looking for
You know how to build trust with your team and can influence stakeholders to support decision making and inform a product's direction.
You have experience understanding user needs and their priorities and keeps a team focused on the user, whilst considering technical feasibility and business objectives.
Problem solverYou understand how to build the right approach & processes for solving different problems, and know which people and skills are needed to solve the problem.Natural collaboratorYou encourage collaborative teamwork, where each person is empowered as the expert in their craft to take ownership in their decisions and collectively drive the project outcomes forward.
We believe that fun and excitement are key ingredients to great work. Even when the projects are hard we always find time for good times.
We do lots of studio events, everyones birthdays, studio trips away for the weekend, team dinners, Brew club, board games, book club and other great things that start with B.
Purpose built studio
Our studio space was designed for productivity and comfort, not showing off to clients. Expect a relaxed environment with all the things you need and none of the fancy white meeting rooms you don’t.
Every opinion is heard. Everyone presents their own work. Be supported by team leads, not managed. Own your projects from beginning to end.
Our mission is to find the best design thinkers and empower them to learn, grow, and solve problems, together. You'll be backed by a team who will invest in your career progression and development.
Check out our site for more on what we do.
Scope our Instagram to see what we look like.
Read our Medium to understand who we are.
Please provide a link to your portfolio, CV, LinkedIn profile or anything else that lets us know about you below.
We are happy to sponsor the right candidate in applying from outside of Australia