Produce Buyers Assistant
Do you love early starts and are passionate about fresh produce? We have a great opportunity to join the Fresh buying team as a Produce Buyers Assistant based at Brisbane Markets, Rocklea
As part of the buying team, you will be responsible for effectively managing the pricing, promotions, sales allocations and stock control component of all Fresh products in order to achieve the sales and service level targets for the specific retailer group.
The ideal candidate will have had at least 1-2 years’ experience working in the fresh produce department of a supermarket.
What you’ll do:
- Liaise with customers on a daily basis ensuring optimum service levels are being reached
- Effectively communicate all customer issues to the relevant Field Team specialist
- Generate and analyse reports to drive sales and minimize DC ullage.
- Effectively communicate with State Fresh Managers Produce, Retail Specialist Teams and Customers in regard to any issues of stock control that may have an effect on targeted service levels
- Liaise daily with assigned Produce Buyer on all Fresh related items including stock ordering, Estimates and promotional orders.
- Manage retail pricing
- Produce industry experience is a must!
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Relationship & stakeholder management skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite and in particular Excel
What we can offer you
- Great opportunity
- A great team culture
- Develop your career with Metcash
We’re all about celebrating success, and we’re proud to be a WGEA Employer of Choice for Women, an accredited FlexReady workplace and a Gold Standard Mental Health First Aid skilled workplace.
At Metcash, we’re the power behind an independent Australia. For almost 100 years we’ve been proudly supporting local, family-owned businesses – sticking up for the little guys and helping them become the best stores in town. Today we’re Australia and New Zealand’s leading independent retail partner and wholesaler in the food, liquor and hardware sectors. And while we may be large, we’ll always be locals at heart.
So, roll up your sleeves and bring your best self to work, and we’ll give you the support you need to develop a rewarding career and make your mark on the future of retail.
Make your Mark!