About Our Client
Blue Chip Australian owned Retail business, who are continuing to grow and dominate their industry.
- Liaising with internal customers in investigating opportunities to lower the total cost of ownership of goods and services not for resale.
- Developing and project managing the execution of category strategies from planning go-to- market approach to contract execution;
- Acting as the interface between business contract owners, managers and suppliers during procurement events;
- Providing strategic and commercial input into approach to market and contracting;
- Assisting in defining supplier performance/productivity improvement criteria and measures
- Conducts assessment of business requirements, products, spend and supply market analyses for relevant category (products/services).
- Establishes mechanisms to identify and quantify (estimate) opportunities to reduce cost of doing business for GNFR products and services.
- Leads the go-to-market approach or contract renegotiation process in conjunction with internal stakeholders.
- Undertakes detailed category project planning: establishes scope, time lines, stakeholders required, milestones and key measures for assigned categories of This includes change management strategies that provides growth for suppliers and savings for the organisation.
- Assists in driving continuous improvement in all relevant work processes.
- Reviews the overall effectiveness of category strategies and contracts and identifies further opportunities / makes improvements.
The Successful Applicant
- A recognised degree in business, finance or engineering
- Tertiary qualification in a procurement related field would be highly regarded
- Previous Procurement experience, especially with supply chain categories preferred
- Proficiency in SAP
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
What's on Offer
- 12 month fixed-term contract with a view to permanency
- Opportunity to work for one of the most well-known brands in Australia
- WFH flexibility as well as state of the art office facilities
- Experienced procurement team who value career progression and development
- Best in class systems and software