Your new company
Our client is an international manufacturing organisation located in the Melbourne CBD. They are seeking an experienced senior procurement professional to join their team and manage a broad indirect spend portfolio end to end, support the development of category management strategies and drive the overall efficiency of procurement activities.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the leader of the Procurement function, you will oversee managing all procurement related activities from procurement policy and procedure implementation, and solutions development.
Key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Executes strategies of best practice across multiple categories of spend up to $15 million
- Ensuring the procurement policies, procedures comply with the relevant guidelines and legislative requirements
- Monitoring and continuously improve by recognizing opportunities for strategy development and innovation
- Influencing and negotiating with stakeholders to contribute to the accomplishment of mutual goals and manage relationships amongst stakeholders.
- Managing a range of categories to ensure best value practices for the business
- Carry out negotiations for local contracts in order to meet regional and global financial targets
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you will come with broad category exposure to indirect spend. Key categories of interest will include IT, Professional Services, Marketing & Communications, Travel & Conferencing.
Key skills/experience required to be successful will include:
- Diverse procurement experience preferably within a corporate environment
- Effective communication skills that will aid in developing strong stakeholder relationships
- Control and ensure the procurement processes run effectively and display strategic change where necessary
What you'll get in return
The role presents an exceptional opportunity for a procurement processional keen to take the next step in their career. You have the chance to apply and demonstrate your experience and skills by managing and directing the procurement process, you can introduce new ideas and bring about necessary change to enhance the procedure.
The successful candidate will; be offered an hourly rate of up to $70 + superannuation commensurate with experience. The view for this position will be that it will turn into an ongoing opportunity in the beginning of next year.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email Shenara Perera on [email protected]
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2587162