Your new business:
Leaders in outside the box thinking, your new business truly brings unique innovation to defence. Using systems thinking, they are the ones who are called upon to define, understand and plan the largest and most challenging projects. Working in complex environments, they bring a ‘left of the spec’ approach to the task’s others struggle to understand. Helping to clearly define complex problems, and in turn, producing trusted innovative solutions. If you enjoy thinking outside of the box, thrive off pioneering solutions and want to be surrounded by likeminded and inspiring peers, then look no further.
Your new Role:
Are you a Technical expert willing to work on complex projects and share your knowledge across the Decision Support Analytics team?
Key tasks include:
- Utilise your knowledge of modelling, simulation and analysis capability and innovation to help set the strategic direction of engineering within the business. Whilst empowering the engineers in the development of new products and services.
- Demonstrate organisational professional mastery through research, professional publications, and participation in engineering and innovation communities.
- Act as a Technical Authority for appropriate aspects of modelling, simulation and analysis projects. Including for the escalation of complex engineering risks and issues by drawing on the wider business’s expertise.
- Nurture the professional development of the engineering and innovation functions through inspiration and mentorship, active listening, insightful questioning and self-vulnerability.
- Participate in R&D of scholarly papers in your area of expertise.
What you need to succeed:
- Ideally 10+ years experience in modelling, simulation and analytics
- Australian citizenship
- Demonstrated experience in modelling, simulation and analysis across a broad range of applications from operational analysis through to physics-based modelling
- Tertiary qualification in physics, mathematics, engineering or related discipline
- Project management and technical engineering experience on complex projects
- Be a problem solver ad Innovative thinker.
- Interest in knowledge sharing and nurturing the career of engineers, including provision of advice and support with development planning.
- A Master’s degree or PhD would be highly regarded.
- CSEP accreditation with the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE)
- Sound understanding of aerospace vehicles would be highly regarded.
What you’ll get in return:
Besides being rewarded with an immediate start and competitive salary in a company that is secure and expanding. You will be joining a unique team and business where you will be valued and thrive off innovation. All whilst working on some of the most exciting projects in the Defence sector. You will have the opportunity to work on leading edge defence technology in an exciting and challenging work environment. This is a truly unique opportunity to gain leading industry exposure, coupled with strong support and development from likeminded peers.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward your CV to Amy McNulty at HAYS DEFENCE on [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] or telephone Amy on 0396049645 [tel:0396049645] . Alternatively, to discuss more roles within the Australian Defence space, call Amy for a confidential discussion
LHS 297508 #2353186