Principal / Lead Cloud Engineer - Expression of Interest
Singapore, Singapore /Singapore Professional Services – Cloud Adoption /Full TimeApply for this jobVersent is an Australian-born technology company, focused on architecting, building & operating cloud native applications, data streams, platforms and services.
Our solutions are centred around AWS and best of breed technology. From a stand-still start in 2014, we've grown to over 400 Versentonians in just five years across Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Singapore and now Denver.
With a diversified offering in professional services, managed services and product, we are poised for significant growth in 2021.
We're going through a period of massive growth, and we're not slowing down especially in Singapore! Forecasting to grow more in terms of head count we would like a kickstart to those who wishes to apply for a expression of interest with Versent!
Now, more on the technical side... As a Principal/Lead Engineer within Versent, the role is technology focused and outcome driven, with the aim of providing deep technical expertise for the engineering teams to produce a coherent technology platform. Connecting Versent’s mission to deliver to customers through technical leadership by being the connector from the engineering team to the delivery stakeholders.
Full engineering accountability across architecture, design and quality control is expected in this role, with the aim of creating a solution that meets the customer requirements and solution that is implemented to industry and Versent standards.Areas of Responsibilities will include:
- Leading and building the engineering and design outcomes in production ready systems, to meet the customer agreed outcomes to time and to budget
- Executing workshops aligning Versent’s best practices and augmenting within the customer landscape; producing solutions tailored to customer outcomes that are supported by time-tested design patterns. The key metric for this is customer feedback and acceptance
- Producing and gaining customer approval on high level designs, detailed designs, solution architectures, operational and handover documentation; sequencing of projects and backlog that provide clarity and direction for the engineering team with team endorsement and support as the key metric
- Providing technical leadership to engineers to uplift and enhance Versent Engineers skills and practices
- Act as a driver for Versent’s opensource offerings within the internal engineering community - leading, contributing and maintaining as required – to build brand reputation and awareness
- Maintaining professional development and knowledge of industry changes and developments for the purposes of their continual growth and application of best practice at Versent
- Contribute to standardisation and reuse of practice specific material for RFPs, Tenders, Statements of Work and client engagement deliverables
- Focusing on customer needs and satisfaction by setting high standards for quality and quantity, monitoring and maintaining productivity, working systematically and consistently achieving project goals
- Establishing good relationships with customers and staff; building effective external networks.
- Projects credibility; gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading , convincing and negotiating
- Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise and shares knowledge with others
- Analyses information for greater understanding of a problem to provide workable solutions and make rational judgements to a problem
- Work strategically to realise organisational goals and take into account a wide range of issues across and related to the organisation
- Make prompt, clear decisions taking responsibility for actions, people and projects - initiating and leading activity
- Technical engineering competence; to deliver production grade outcomes in a team
OUR CULTURE No cool cliques, just hard-working humans generating ideas and devising solutions in a creative, collaborative work space. We value our people more than commercials and put culture at the centre of everything. Some of the things we do to bring the team together are end of month social and drinks, both family and Versent Christmas parties and weekly knowledge sharing sessions.
We're building a team of like-minded, hardworking humans who can think outside the square, and deliver what others might consider impossible. We embrace the notion of Family at Versent, working together to achieve outstanding success. VERSENT VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS People: We believe in a positive team with family spirit, because life is too short for anything else.Customer: We create remarkable experiences for customers and treat them as we wish to be treated.Quality: Be Artisans who care for their craft and lead change through continuous improvement.Reliability: Do what we say we will do when we say we will do it, every time.Transparency: Full disclosure, integrity and honesty in all things.Reciprocate: Give back and assist as much as possible, whenever possible.Apply for this job