WHAT WE DO
Verico is a member company of the Ampcontrol Group consisting of specific business units surrounding asset integrity (engineering, testing and monitoring), certification and training services to customers in Australia and overseas. All businesses share a common objective of providing high quality specialist services to their customers.
What sets us apart is our ability to engineer unique solutions that deliver on both performance and reliability. Drawing on the multi-disciplined technical teams within our business, we step outside the conventions of traditional problem solving and seek new ways to improve electrical infrastructure design through smart electronics, intelligent data gathering; and operational networking and control.
As a Principal Engineer you will be a technical leader in HV testing and design. In undertaking critical testing of HV equipment you will work both independently and as part of a small, tight-knit team, providing technical expertise and mentoring of legislative requirements, across the power, utilities and mining sectors.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
In this critical position you will perform a wide range of tasks and functions in order to schedule, technically understand, test, assess and document compliance of HV equipment to relevant standards. You will be highly skilled in:
- Provide expert technical input into test equipment, measurements & diagnostics;
- Mentor staff to achieve highest industry standard of technical testing performance;
- Lead and deliver continuous improvements in HV testing and calibration works;
- Provide technical expertise to all aspects of a project;
- Writing and editing of test reports and condition assessments of HV plant;
- Provide authoritative advice and high customer service to customers and develop and strengthen business opportunities;
- Conduct technical design reviews to develop products for growing customer needs;
- Initiating the development of existing and new products, systems, services and standards;
- Conducting job/test review meetings.
Understanding the responsibility and liability of the technical reports produced are a critical aspect of this position and will direct the outcome of our technicians on customer sites. You will need to demonstrate prior experience in a Senior/Principal Engineer role.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Your hands-on approach coupled with the ability to put team needs first, will be complemented with the following:
- Bachelor Degree (or higher) level qualifications in Electrical Engineering;
- Minimum of 10 years post graduate relevant Electrical Engineering experience in HV testing;
- Membership of Institute of Engineers Australia, Cigre, IEEE or equivalent;
- Advanced knowledge and experience of HV testing techniques, test equipment and standards (transformers, generators, motors, circuit breakers and cables)
- Test equipment design and familiarity with applicable codes, standards and acceptable industry practices;
- High level Partial Discharge testing and interpretation experience;
- Experience in developing test methods;
- Proven demonstrated commitment to safe work practices;
- Advanced Microsoft Office application skills and ability to use HV test equipment and software i.e. Omicron/Doble.
If you feel your skills are a strong match to this position apply today!
**Due to current immigration restrictions and urgency to be filled, this position is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents only. It is a requirement that you are currently located in Australia.