Principal Civil Engineer (Cairns)
Australia - Queensland, Cairns
AECOM’s Civil Infrastructure Team in Cairns is looking for a highly driven Senior/Principal Engineer who contributes to the winning, management and delivery of moderate to large scale projects You will be responsible for the management of resources, budgets, timelines and enhancing client and working relationships. This role will include the preparation of proposals and presentations to clients to win work.
You will require strong technical capability in general civil engineering, comprising competency to undertake, review and certify high quality designs for earthworks, minor access roads, drainage and water/sewer utilities. Proficient in reviewing client briefs and understanding actual client needs, and a working knowledge of 12D is important.
You will have a flexible approach with a desire to think differently about how to meet client needs and a desire to support AECOM in its endeavour to build a better world.
- 7+ years’ relevant professional experience;
- Experience working on Projects within a dynamic consulting and design environment;
- Ability to network quickly and connect throughout the global AECOM business to strengthen capability and value for clients
- A passionate and driven individual who enjoys challenging themselves, delivers on commitments and believes in building a better world
- Takes personal accountability for own actions and decisions
- Demonstrates confidence and ability in persuading and building support for own ideas and plans
- Mentors junior staff and passes on knowledge within own area of expertise
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (or equivalent) – essential;
- RPEQ/CPEng essential.AECOM values its engineers and their progressing and contribution to the engineering profession. The candidate is expected to maintain Chartership with Engineers Australia and RPEQ by completing the necessary in-house and external training
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighbourhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.