Explore & Develop Freshwater is seeking to find an innovative, dedicated, Early Childhood Teacher to join our Northern Beaches team - Recently rated EXCEEDING in every standard across all 7 Quality Areas!
At Explore & Develop Freshwater, we recognise that attitudes, skills and knowledge developed in a child's early years provide a basis for a child's learning in later years. We believe that in order to develop their highest potential, we need to provide a strong play-based curriculum with an environment that promotes positive attitudes to learning; we do this in partnership with families, children, our passionate team of educators and through the strong connections we have formed within our local community.
Explore & Develop Freshwater team is looking for an Early Childhood Teacher to join our team alongside qualified and experienced co-educators in our Preschool Room. Our Preschool Room is designed to educate and care for up to 20 children, we have 3 qualified educators within this room daily to nurture and support the learning journey of our preschoolers.
The successful applicant will share views around children as capable and competent learners and strive to design and implement high-quality educational programs and experiences for children alongside their co-educators.
Your excellent social and communicating skills are essential for interacting within the team and communicating with families on a day to day basis and will add exceptional value to your application.
In return for your commitment and dedication, you will enjoy working as part of a passionate, committed, supportive and highly driven team of educators, known for the delivery of high-quality education and care for children. You will also enjoy ongoing opportunities for professional development alongside your peers, the wider Explore & Develop group and the early childhood sector. You will be supported by a skilled and experienced management team every step of the way.
Our Management Management Team, consisting of our AP, NS, 0-2’s EL & 3-5’s EL, HR Manager, who work collaboratively with Room Leads and Educators; all of whom are skilled and experienced early childhood educators who drive high-quality pedagogy & practice and strong community connections.
What you'll need to succeed
- A hard-working, and professional being who is seeking to gain skills and qualifications within the early childhood sector.
- Early Childhood Teacher or Diploma Qualified Educator (ACECQA approved)
- Current, approved Working With Children Check.
- Current First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis Certificate/s (ACECQA approved)
- Passionate about the early years, with a keen interest in educating and caring for children of the 3-5 year age group
- The ability to work collaboratively with other educators. Strong communication skills and the ability to work with others.
- Commitment to inclusive early childhood practice and social justice
- Ability to form and maintain professional relationships with families, children and other educators.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, professional, organised, flexible, and reliable
What you'll get in return
- A supportive and likeminded Management & Educational Team
- Above Award Wages
- Beautiful resources & learning environments
- Exceeding educator:child ratios across all learning environments
- Ability to connect and create strong community partnerships
- All employees are offered our Access EAP contacts should they need to access counselling. for personal or work-related concerns.
- As we are part of the Harbord Diggers Precinct at Freshwater, our team have the opportunity to access discounted fitness and aquatic memberships, café discounts and a great community environment to explore.
- Parking available onsite
- Flexible working arrangements and discounted fees for working parents
- Lunch provided daily for all team members with the children
- Professional development opportunities and access to the Explore & Develop Annual Conference featuring national and international speakers
If you would like any more information about this position, please contact Sally & Victoria with your resume and experience.