- Permanent opportunity
- Join a growing team within a fun and friendly work culture
- PowerShell / AWS / Windows / Microsoft / DevOps
Um..., surely we can automate that, right?
If you're an Infrastructure Systems Engineer or Cloud Systems Engineer who often asks those questions and you love to automate everything from an infrastructure perspective, then this is the role for you!
This is a highly rewarding career opportunity to explore if you're seeking an end-to-end Systems Engineer (Infrastructure) position working with a fun and friendly team and supporting all things AWS Cloud Services, along with managing and supporting Microsoft & Windows Infrastructure technologies.
Most importantly, we want you to bring your passion for automating infrastructure technologies with good overall scripting skills in PowerShell adopting a modern approach to DevOps type activities (AWS) to help this team continue their journey of building infrastructure excellence for the future, and you'll have the opportunity to share and impart your own innovative ideas.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Working within the IT Infrastructure delivery team dealing directly with end-users, business stakeholders and Technology Lead's.
- Design, build and support new Infrastructure technologies and services, with a focus towards “automation” (PowerShell scripting) and DevOps (AWS).
- Integrate new business applications into the infrastructure and cloud environments (AWS and Google GCP).
- Ensure documentation and procedures are always up to date.
- Patch Infrastructure systems when required to policy and architectural standards.
- Front line support of the Microsoft Exchange, Windows, Office 365 and AWS cloud environments.
- Managing virtualised infrastructure (VMware, Esxi etc.)
- Taking ownership of issues escalated to 3rd line support.
Skills & experience required:
- Proven experience working in an Infrastructure Systems Engineer / Cloud Systems Administration type role.
- A passion for building future state technology stacks and Cloud environments.
- PowerShell automation and scripting skills, ideally with exposure to PowerShell DSC.
- Public Cloud and production experience working with AWS Cloud Services, (EC2, CloudFormation, AWS Systems Manager, Containers etc..)
- Experience working with Microsoft Office 365 (migration, design and deployment).
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP
- Working knowledge of SCCM & SCOM.
- Infrastructure DevOps experience and knowledge, working with tools such as Puppet, Team City, Octopus, GIT / SVN etc...
- Strong experience with Windows Exchange Servers - Enterprise and Exchange Online.
- Exposure to Networking ie. MPLS, Cisco Switches and Clustered firewalls.
- Good knowledge of virtualization with VMware.
- Hands on experience of supporting and troubleshooting virtualised installations / cloud environments.
- Microsoft and AWS certifications preferred e.g AWS - Solution Architect Associate, Microsoft MCP, MCSE, etc.
This is seriously one of the best places to flourish and grow your AWS Cloud Services and scripting / automation skills where you'll be able to share and impart your own ideas for better ways of automating infrastructure tasks and functions, because this team love to collaborate with each other and they strive to adopt the best approaches for infrastructure and automation, and they'll also support your career with ongoing training and will help you to secure and obtain multiple AWS technical certifications to add to your belt.
Apply now to start exploring your next Cloud adventure!