Postdoctoral Researcher In Computational Single Cell Cancer Omics
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research
- Work with a consortium of cancer biologists, clinicians and bioinformaticians to study cancer at the single cell level
- Level A, full-time appointment on a 24 month fixed term basis
- Salary range: $69,308 to $93,653 plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
About the team
The Cancer Research Trust has recently funded a 9-year program to enable single cell approaches to study tumour biology. The program led by Professor Alistair Forrest at the Harry Perkins Institute of Medical research is based in Perth Western Australia and is a collaboration involving all of the major hospitals, medical research institutes and Universities in the region.
About the opportunity
We are seeking to employ a postdoctoral researcher with a PhD at the time of appointment (or equivalent experience) in bioinformatics, computer science, biostatistics, molecular biology or a related discipline with an emphasis in the specific fields of bioinformatics, genomics and systems biology.
The successful applicant would work with a multidisciplinary team of bioinformaticians and 'wet bench' scientists analysing single cell datasets from multiple tumour types. We are particularly looking for candidates who can complement or extend our capabilities in single cell analysis.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
Essential selection criteria
- Published articles using next generation sequencing data.
- Demonstrated capacity to form hypotheses, test them and follow through to write papers.
- Experience in coding, documenting, testing and reusing code.
- Experience with analysis of single cell datasets
- Experience working on cancer genomic datasets
- Experience with transcriptional regulatory networks
- Experience with integration of public NGS datasets
- Experience with various unsupervised and supervised classification methods
- Experience working with wet-bench biologists to develop use friendly web based visualization tools.
- Experience with R, python or C
- Experience with establishing analysis pipelines
For more information on this opportunity please contact Professor Alistair Forrest, Senior Principal Research Fellow on [email protected]
Closing date: Sunday, 30 June 2019
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. To apply please provide: a copy of your resume, a full listing of your publications (or preferably a link to your Google scholar profile), and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 502428.pdf
Diversity and Inclusion
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2017).
on an external site.
on an external site.