Your new company
This is a Federal Government Agency within the financial services space. They are currently undertaking some of their largest projects ever and are therefore looking for a PMO Manager with Portfolio Management and delivery experience to manage their key strategic projects.
Your new role
- Identify and implement enhancements to the existing project and change management methodology where required in conjunction with Head of Project Delivery.
- Develop, in conjunction with Head of Project Delivery, tools and processes to manage programs/projects.
- Influence key stakeholders to broaden business area’s understanding of the need for planning strategic initiatives.
- Provide advice and support to Business Owners, Business Leaders and Project Managers in planning and benefits identification and realisation.
- Communicate with project stakeholders to ensure clarity about project benefits and enterprise risk profiles.
- Provide staff with regular feedback on their performance to ensure they are recognised for the quality of their work.
- Support Business Owners and Business Leaders on project initiation.
- Guide the Business Owner and Project Manager to ensure appropriate governance is in place across the portfolio.
- Support Project Managers in the management and coordination of project activities.
- Guide the development of and perform quality checking of all project lifecycle documentation.
- Project Management execution when required (typically only required on an interim basis).
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to have proven experience in managing a large portfolio of work that is at least circa $80m with 10 projects. You will need to have experience in portfolio management, deciding which projects should be undertaken and when. You will also need delivery experience as from time to time this will be a requirement. Lastly, you will need to have experience within a large financial services organisation.
What you'll get in return
You will get up to $180k + Super. You will get an opportunity to work on a large portfolio of work for a federal agency. This role is critical in making sure they are delivered on well and within the timeframes and you will work with the head of projects to do this.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email [email protected] now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2547114