PM Service Technician
Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to our customers by having the most professional, skilled and engaged people who drive innovation. With over 3,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and New Caledonia, progressing our business forward is a key element of our success. At Komatsu we consider ourselves family where we meet challenges together, solve complicated problems together, strive for a better future together and most importantly enjoy ourselves whilst developing great friendships. Your Success is Our Success.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Preventative Maintenance (PM) Service Technician to be part of Komatsu’s ‘Service Branch of the Future’. Reporting to the Service Supervisor, the purpose of the role is to carry out Preventative Maintenance servicing and conduct detailed Condition Reports on mobile plant equipment after normal operating hours (Monday-Friday) ensuring excellent customer service is provided. The role will focus on developing a new benchmark in service efficiency and professionalism through participation in a specialised team dedicated to afternoon shift PM Servicing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure all maintenance carried out on equipment is completed in a timely and cost efficient manner
- Assist the Campbellfield team with planning of maintenance schedules and workload by actively engaging in positive two way communication, including the submission of Machine Condition Reports and PM Inspections
- Ensure equipment down-time is kept to a minimum by providing technical expertise and assistance
At Komatsu we have proven career pathways into a variety of exciting fields. We are committed to creating a culture of learning and consider the support and recognition of training, learning, development & education as fundamental to achieving your goals. We also provide a range of services and benefits to assist our employees in their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Original Equipment Manufacturer Technical Training
- Career Development and Education Support Programs for further studies
- Dedicated training in Business Skills, Leadership, Sales & Customer Service and OH&S
- Generous wage, EA conditions and company-funded Income Protection insurance, if chosen
The knowledge, skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Relevant Mechanical Trade Certificate (HD Diesel Fitter or Mechanical Fitter or Fitter/Machinist).
- Sound troubleshooting skills, mechanical and electrical
- The ability to communicate with customers and Komatsu personnel
- An excellent understanding and commitment to safety and the environment
- Ability to analyse technical problems and recommend solutions
- Motivated to contribute towards continuous improvement in service efficiency and value
- Previous experience on Komatsu equipment would be highly regarded
- Must have a current MR Drivers Licence; Forklift, Crane, EWP, HR licences would be advantageous
If you are keen to pursue this exciting career opportunity, please apply TODAY!
Enquiries can be directed to the undersigned, please note that emailed applications will not be considered.
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Join the Komatsu family and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth.