Are you an experienced reatil manager/stock controller seeking a new challenge? Come and join our team at TerryWhite Chemmart Hahndorf. We have an opportunity for an experienced Pharmacy Assistant to join our happy team for a maternity leave cover role for 12 months.
Why TerryWhite Chemmart?
With over 60 years dedicated to caring for families, TerryWhite Chemmart has a reputation as some of Australia’s most trusted chemists.
At TerryWhite Chemmart we believe ‘health is everything’. With a growing network of pharmacies nationally, TerryWhite Chemmart is dedicated to providing Australians with the best of care becoming the first stop for health services and advice for the entire family. TerryWhite Chemmart has a comprehensive suite of first-to-market health services and empower and develop our team members through industry-leading Pharmacist and Pharmacy Assistant educational programs.
By joining TerryWhite Chemmart, you will be part of Australia’s largest retail pharmacy brand.
What does a Stock Controller / Pharmacy Assistant do at TerryWhite Chemmart?
A pharmacy cannot function without the products on the shelf to provide to the customer to give them the best health possible. The Stock Controller / Pharmacy Assistant ensures that our pharmacy has the right amount of stock, at the best possible price so our customers can always find the products they need at a competitive price. You will also be responsible for sales, top level customer service and giving advice on over the counter medicines where appropriate. This role is vital to the business running smoothly, and the pharmacists being able to give the best possible care to our customers.
What’s required to be a Stock Controller / Pharmacy Assistant?
We’re looking for someone with great attention to detail and an eye for merchandising and numbers. Strength in administration is key. Ability to use stock monitoring software is vital, so a good degree of computer literacy is expected. You will need strong communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Minfos experience preferred;
- Retail/customer service experience necessary-preferably in Community Pharmacy, or pharmacy training will be provided;
- Qualification of Guild Cert 3 Community Pharmacy or higher preferred;
- IT skills-must be competent in Excel, Word, etc;
- Must have own transport;
- Must be available to work weekdays;
- Friendly, approachable personality and have clear verbal communication skills;
- Good team player- able to cover for staff when required as well as able to delegate tasks;
- Focused on ensuring all tasks get completed;
- Organised and proactive;
- Able to work collaboratively with sales reps to optimise category performance through stock rotation;
- Able to take instructions and work independently to achieve desirable outcomes with minimal guidance;
- Strives to provide a high level of customer service.
- Be able to monitor, order and replenish stock and maintain stock on shelves to suitable levels at all times;
- Be capable of processing invoices in an organised manner;
- Manage stock pricing according to store/brand pricing policies;
- Perform category reviews and be able to make recommendations for potential changes to maximise stock sales and reduce dead stock;
- Be able to apply and maintain promotional standards e.g. Planograms and monthly catalogues and monitor performance;
- Must be focused on maintaining the highest level of store presentation.
Culture, Reward & Remuneration
This role is full time, average 38 hours per week. Starting November 9th 2020.
Our people rate ‘work life balance’, the ‘working environment’ and ‘diversity & equal opportunity’ as some of the best parts of working at TerryWhite Chemmart. We’re offering competitive remuneration for the right candidate. Guild Award rates apply.
We’d love to hear from you!
Should your application be successful, the first step will be communicated to you by phone or email.