Pathology Specimen Collector (Home Hill) - Sullivan Nicolaides
About the Organisation
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is one of the largest pathology practices in Australia, providing comprehensive services to patients and doctors over a geographic area throughout Queensland and New South Wales and employing more than 2000 people.
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology services the Brisbane metropolitan area and regional areas extending as far north as Cairns and south to Coffs Harbour.
About the Opportunity
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology has an exciting opportunity for a Pathology Specimen Collector at the Home Hill Collection Centre.
With flexible, part-time shifts totalling approximately 20 hours per week, this is a unique opportunity which allows the successful candidate to advance their skills while working in a challenging, yet rewarding environment.
Please note the successful candidate must be able to provide annual/sick leave cover and participate in rotating Saturday rosters at the Ayr Coll Centre.
We are seeking individuals with a valid First Aid Certificate (mandatory) and a Certificate III or IV in Pathology Specimen Collection (preferred).
A strong focus on customer service, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work both alone and as part of a team are essential to being successful in this role. The individual should possess excellent time management skills and a proven ability to prioritise workload.
About the Benefits
The high level of service provided by Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is delivered by a dedicated staff comprising of pathologists, scientists, technicians, laboratory assistants, collection personnel, couriers, computer personnel, pathology services assistants and other support staff. The successful candidates will join a welcoming team of dedicated health professionals with a focus on patient care.
Staff members will be given a chance to develop their skills through ongoing training, providing an avenue for career development and advancement.
An attractive hourly rate will be offered to the successful applicant, once fully trained.
In addition, permanent employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Parental and Adoption Leave - SNP staff receive 6 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave as per E.B.A.
- Staff Services Committee - provides functions and events for staff, fully funded by the Practice.
- Employee Assistance Program - a free, confidential and voluntary counselling service provided as a resource to employees of Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, as well as immediate family, with the aim of assisting with the resolution of personal and work related problems which may affect quality of life or work performance.
- Private Health Insurance - staff have access to discounted private health insurance through MBF, HCF and Medibank Private.
- Pathology Services - staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed Pathology Services.
- X-Ray Services - staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed X-Ray and other diagnostic imaging through Queensland X-Ray.
- Smoke Free Environment Policy - All SNP premises are smoke free. There are no designated smoking areas on Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology premises. For those staff wanting to use nicotine replacement therapy in quitting, management provides a level of financial assistance towards the cost of nicotine replacement patches.
This is your chance to join a leading pathology company and enjoy outstanding benefits! Don't miss out ‐ APPLY NOW!