Position: Pastry Chef
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 per annum
Location: Bulimba QLD 4171
A café in Bulimba is seeking a qualified Pastry Chef. Their responsibilities include preparing and creating pastry items including, desserts, breads, creams, pies, sausage rolls, sweets and any other baked goods involving pastry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that equipment and surrounding premises are kept clean, compliant to OHS and food health and safety regulations.
- Ensuring compliance to and the compliance of others to HAACP principles.
- Assessing the quality of raw materials as they are delivered to the store to ensure quality
- Weighing Ingredients that are delivered to the store to ensure correct deliveries
- Assessing inventory for any spoilage
- Managing Inventory and recording dates, labelling products and ensuring First-In First-Out Procedures are followed
- Preparing pastry fillings, including meat, fresh fruits, dried fruit and confectionary.
- Par-baking and preparing products for later use or freezing.
- Mixing, shaping and kneading doughs for large commercial batches.
- Cutting and sheeting doughs.
- Co-coordinating the loading, panning and preparing trays for baking.
- Baking according to recipe, including monitoring oven baking temperatures and times and assessing colour, texture and smell.
- Creating chocolate mixtures for dipping and decorating
- Glazing buns, pastries and decorating cakes, finishing off and cooling products
- Assembling and decorating cakes
- Wrapping, assembling complex filo, puff and danish recipes.
- Operating machines according to occupational workplace health and safety standards which assist with mixing, rolling and moulding doughs and biscuits.
- Emptying, cleaning and greasing baking trays
- Assisting with the washing up and cleaning of the bakery at the end of service.
- Certificate III including at least 2 years on-the job training or Certificate IV.
- Three years of work experience in a similar role may substitute for qualifications listed above.
- 6+ years’ experience as a pastry chef desirable