Your new company
This Australian distribution company is looking for an ongoing temporary Accountant to support their busy team on a part time basis.
Your new role
You will be interviewed for the role of Accountant. This is a hands on role with duties including:
- General accounting including bookkeeping of accounts payable, accounts receivable, processing payments and journals for prepayments and accruals.
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheets accounts
- Preparation and lodgement of business activity statements for key business as well as other entities
- Work closely with the external accountant particularly at year end reporting, tax lodgement and FBT
- Oversee Payroll function.
- Oversight with the accounting for stocks and review all adjustments.
- Preparation and review of a set of monthly accounts for board presentation
- Oversight of the Accounts payable and Accounts receivable function.
- Bank Reconciliations and reporting on customer rebates etc.
- Prepare various tax returns monthly (BAS, FBT) & submissions to external Tax Accountants
- Support the board in the forecast and budgeting process
- Ensuring compliance with internal financial policies, and procedures, controls, and systems
- Assist with process improvement and ad hoc reporting.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an experienced Accountant that has worked in similar full function roles. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and be happy to commit to 2/3 days working from the offices.
What you'll get in return
You will work for a fantastic organisation that is currently experience growth and offers development to its employees.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2583042