Educator – Goodstart Morayfield
Role: Educator supporting our 2 Nursery Rooms
Employment Type: Part-Time, Permanent, 25 hours/wk 9am-2pm
Are you an educator who is passionate about helping children to have the best possible start in life? Do you want to work for an organisation that offers genuine career opportunities to help you succeed?
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
From our centre directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life.
As an Educator at Goodstart Morayfield, you will be a team player, collaborating with the Senior Educators and Educational Leader within your centre to observe, inform and continuously improve our educational programs on offer to children. You put safety first with everything that you do and ensure all learning experiences are inclusive and response to the needs of all children.
You’ll help achieve this by
- Actively contributingto the education program in the room and the centre team
- Engagingand supervisingthe children at all times
- Maintaining a safe environment for children, families and team members
- Building and maintaining strong, positive relationships with children and families
- Complying with National Quality Standards and Goodstart policies and procedures
- Supporting a culture of reflective practice and ongoing continuous improvement
What Goodstart can offer you
- Job security and stability
- Professional development and training
- Competitive above awardrates
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform allowance
- Childcare discounts(from 15 -30%)
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Career pathways
- Our Morayfield childcare centre is located in a convenient residential spot with easy access to local schools and shops as well as main roads and public transport routes.
- It is our passion to care, teach and guide children through their milestones of development and play
- We offer a welcoming, fun and very supportive environment with lots of long-term staff
- We recognise the environment as a third teacher and therefore our indoor and outdoor environments cater to the needs and abilities of the children, while also sparking their individual creativity
- We have close connections with all of our families and are a very family orientated centre
If you have strong knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards, plus hold a Certificate III or Diploma in Early Childhood (ACECQA approved equivalent), then we want to meet you!
How to apply
- Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application.
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are committed to child safety. We believe children have the right to be safe, happy and empowered. Our commitment is underpinned by Article 3 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
We are deeply committed to reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.