Are you a Cook who is looking for a change in pace and industry and a greater work/life balance?
Perhaps you are a qualified Educator who loves being creative in the kitchen and is excited by the opportunity to run your own kitchen?
We are looking for either a Cook or qualified Educator with centre cook experience to join our team at The Learning Sanctuary Brunswick.
This role provides flexibility for a real work-life balance and is a permanent part-time position, 30 hours per week.
As the Centre Cook, you will produce high quality, nutritious meals and snacks for our busy and ravenous children each day.
At capacity our centre caters for 90 children with operating hours between 7.00am to 6.30pm.
For more information and photos, please visit our centre's website:
- You are confident in creating delicious weekly seasonal menus that meet the dietary needs of our children according to their developmental requirements
- Experienced in Menu planning, budgeting, stock ordering & control
- Experienced in ensuring a clean and safe kitchen environment in accordance with the relevant Food Safety regulations
- Be a Team Player with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Be available for set shift days and times Monday to Friday for a total of 25 hours per week
Successful Applicants must hold
- Either an ACECQA approved Early Childhood qualification (Certificate III or Diploma) and experience cooking in an Early Childhood service OR Commercial Cookery qualifications
- A current Working with Children Card
- Completed or willing to complete Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- You will also share our commitment to bringing learning to life, inspiring the children in our care to reach their full potential.
With more than 460 early learning centres nationwide, G8 Education has the resources to reward your dedication with generous benefits and opportunities to grow:
- Dedicated focus on your personal and professional development, including paid training in CPR and First Aid
- Exclusive access to The Playground, G8’s benefits platform, with discounts from 350+ retailers including hotels, health insurance, gym membership and more
- Staff health and wellness program
- Opportunities to advance your career within G8’s network of 500+ centres
- Sector leading 30% discount off early education and child care fees at any G8 Education Centre for either yourself or a member of your family
- Uniforms provided
How to APPLY
Please click through to the application form.
Please submit all applications online. Successful candidates will be contacted for an initial phone interview.
For a comprehensive list of all our locations and vacancies please visit https://jobs.g8education.edu.au/en/listing/
G8 Education is a committed advocate for child protection, safety and wellbeing. We have zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm. The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our priority and all team members are expected to embrace this shared commitment