Our client, a large State Government department requires an experienced Senior Database Administrator (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL) for a short term contract on the Northside of Brisbane.
- Provide high level technical database administration and support for the department’s on-premise and cloud-based enterprise systems, including:
- Provide subject matter expertise for database technology including: Install, configure, patch, upgrade, manage and monitor database and any related 3rd party software.
- Provide subject matter expertise for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Exadata related services including Oracle Data Guard, RAC, TDE.
- Administer AWS RDS database services including PostgreSQL.
- Maintain process automation, scripting on Linux/Windows environments as well as PLSQL/TSQL.
- Investigate incidents (including performance and security issues).
- Perform DB data extracts, reorgs, refreshes, backups and restores.
- Support and use management tools for ORACLE, including Cloud Control with (Tuning, Diagnostics and Lifecycle Management packs), Quest TOAD, ORACLE SQL Developer.
- Support and use management tools for SQL Server, including SSMS, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
- Maintain operational documentation for Database environments.
- Provide 3rd level support as an escalation point in the support of the database environments
- Raise and manage Service Requests for DB product issues with ORACLE and Microsoft support services.
- Provide advice to other teams within Information Technology Branch and the department on technical aspects of database products.
- Resolve complex problems involving database products.
- Assist in the design and implementation of enterprise database enterprise monitoring and management products to ensure service availability.
- Assist in the design and implementation of Database Backup, High Availability and Disaster Recovery technologies
- Advise and provide recommendations and solutions to the Principal Team Leader (Database Services) regarding future direction, technical support and issues resolution for Database related infrastructure and services.
- Develop & enhance procedures and processes within the Database Services team to improve the level of service provided to clients.
- Contribute to the development of policies within the database environments.
- Maintain knowledge of the technical interdependencies within the database environments.
- Provide advice and guidance to software maintenance and project teams on data modelling and best practise use of database products.
- Provide advice, effective mentoring and skills transfer activities that contribute to a high-performance Database Services team.
- Perform release and change management activities on behalf of the Database Services team.
- Provide database management skills for operational and business projects as required
- Current and varied experience across public and private sector is highly desirable
Location and Contract Term:
The role is based in Carseldine for initially 4 weeks with extension options for 3 months plus
How to apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Kym 0480 002 463 or email [email protected] for any further information.
Applications close Monday 23 May 2022.