Your new company
Enterprise Services (ES) is responsible for the world leading application of technology and operations across every aspect of the bank, from innovative product platforms for our customers to essential tools within our business. We also use technology to drive efficient and timely processing, an essential component of great customer service.
Your new role
The Service Operations function is primarily focused on service delivery, stability, and availability. It is accountable for the end-to-end operational delivery of business services to our business partners and customers. It is responsible for the day-to-day delivery, management, and operational integrity of business-critical applications. Service operations provides an execution capability for key operational activities such as incident & problem resolution, change & release management, minor enhancements and tracking service metrics. It integrates technology services across all partners ensuring high service availability and operational excellence. Key attributes will include:
- Manage the execution of a ITSM Operations practice such as service desk, service requests, monitoring & event management, incident, and problem management, infrastructure, and platform management.
- Ensure ITSM Operations governance systems are adhered to by team.
- Ensure ITSM Operations practices enable service stability and availability.
- Identifies and leads improvements to operational practices.
- Ensure ITSM Operations teams work collaboratively with all parties to achieve an optimal balance of effective and efficient service delivery and support.
Role model continuous improvement mindset to team and embeds in IT service management interactions; initiates and manages continuous improvement initiatives
What you'll need to succeed
- 10 years Infrastructure Operations (Infra Ops) management experience.
- Exposure to management of end-to-end Tier 0 Critical applications, which includes infrastructure, application, and database layer.
- Key competency with managing AWS and Azure servers from within cloud console.
- Fundamental understanding of core networking principles.
- Ability to implement changes in Public Cloud via deployment tools like Octopus.
- Capability to manage various monitoring tools like Splunk, AppD and SCOM.
- Fundamental understanding of Akamai.
- Experience with troubleshooting IIS related errors.
- Proficiency to resolve all technical issues relating to both infrastructure (AWS and AZURE) and application, to ensure that system is operating effectively.
- Fundamental knowledge to ITIL management processes for incident, problem and change management.
- Organisational skills to create and manage knowledgebase for repeatable tasks.
- Continuous improvement driven. E.g., Create and manage system administration scripts in PowerShell, to automate repetitive system administration tasks.
- Self-driven to take ownership and ensure issues are resolved on time.
What you'll get in return
As an Operations Specialist, you will receive a competitive salary ($110k - $140K + super + bonus) and will become a part of a dynamic, fast paced company at their Redfern office.
What you need to do now
To apply for this role or discuss the position in more detail please contact Neeru on 02 92492273 or by email on [email protected] If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2582985