Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
With the ever-emerging threat on IT systems it is imperative Datacom continue to grow our Cyber practice. Are you interested in honing and developing your current skillset in Cybersecurity?
Are you passionate about learning Cyber Security technologies and want to be integral to the Datacom team? Your key attributes will be;
- Ability to engage with different, people, processes and technologies
- May be comfortable in front of a customer in either technical delivery of consulting
- Always seeking improvement in themselves and within aspects of delivery
- Open-mindedness and the ability to be provided with risk mitigation options from various stakeholders
- Able to see the bigger picture and understands the concept that a risk can be mitigated various ways through various methods
- Able to work independently or part of a team, share knowledge
About the Role
As Operations Security Advisor your role is to act as the subject matter expert and thought leader in establishing, Governance, Risk & Compliance activities within Datacom. You will be accountable for providing support and advice to senior management on security measures required to ensure that information stored, processed or communicated by our client’s information systems and services is protected without creating unnecessary administrative or other barriers. This role demands that incumbents uphold high levels of trust, integrity and responsibility. You will provide support and forthright, independent and impartial advice.
What you’ll do
As Operations Security Advisor, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Identify, develop and implement Security processes, standards and policies
- Work closely with our internal business units to ensure the application of security controls that meet Datacom and business requirements, and align to the Datacom Information Security Plan
- Work closely with our internal business units and clients to ensure adherence to Information Security Manual (ISM) and The Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF)
- On-going auditing, monitoring and improvement of security controls
- ISO27K framework and knowledge of building and running an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Providing guidance, education and training to ensure adherence and compliance (people, processes and technology).
What you’ll bring
You will have strong experience as a Cybersecurity Advisor in a large organisation, and a sound understanding of information security principles, governance, polices and standards. You will also understand relevant standards and frameworks such as ISO27001, ISO31000, NIST, ISM, and PSPF. Ideally you will have had experience in developing and administering an information security program. You will have the technical knowledge to make informed decisions about business risks from vulnerabilities and knowledge of cybersecurity policy subject matter.
Ideally, you will be industry certified or working towards CISSP, CISM, MS or equivalent certifications.
Plus detailed knowledge of agency specific and Australian Government protective security policy, principles and minimum standards, and be provided with opportunity to maintain this knowledge.
Please note that to be successful in this role you will need to be an Australian Citizen, and be eligible for Baseline/ NV1 Security Clearance.
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,500 people across our global offices and generate an annual revenue of over NZ $1.2 billion annually. This makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies.
We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations.
With this comes a long list of significant clients and Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds to serve those clients.
We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.