Your new company
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding multinational organisation specialising in defence related contracts. Working within this dynamic and expanding industry leader will challenge you to improve operational systems and project performance through your high functioning teams.
Your new role
This Operations Manager will have strong experience leading and delivering key initiatives and programs of work in a large organisation while managing day to day operational activity. You will lead the team to deliver on current and upcoming programs related to engineering, production, repairs and support contracts for complex Defence acquisition and sustainment programs. You will implement Lean Processes for strategic process and continuous improvement in relation to business activities. This position will report to the Director of this large business unit and will hold budget management responsibilities associated with Capital Expenditure, Business Continuity, and PMO.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ideally degree qualifications in Engineering, Business Management, or equivalent experience
- Experience in a complex engineering products, or a service and repair organisation
- Past experience leading large multi-function technical teams such as Engineering, Production, Supply Chain, PMO, Project Support and others
- You will have demonstrable experience in managing multiple programs or contracts while coaching and mentoring managers to be effective leaders.
- Due to the industry environment you must be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
What you'll get in return
You will join an excellent and secure organisation that offers growth opportunities and the chance to work across multiple defence programs and platforms.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this position and feel you have the skills described to be successful, click ‘apply now’ or for more information and a confidential discussion or to find out about more opportunities within the Defence Industry contact Vivian Cormier at Hays on 02 9249 2275 or email [email protected]
LHS 297508 #2450072