About 3 Bridges
3Bridges Community is a medium sized Registered Charity and non for profit organisation that provides a variety of support services to the communities of South Eastern Sydney. With services from early years through to ageing well, we strive to help the community to be connected, engaged and valued. With over 40 years combined experience in partnering with local communities to provide an array of solutions that make a positive difference and by doing so we build happier, healthier, connected, educated and enriched communities.
About the Position
The role of the Occupational Therapist is to support NDIS participants and Community Home Care Package clients to achieve their capacity building goals through assessment and interventions tailored to suit their individual needs.
They will act as a pillar for professional development within the practice and will actively seek to enhance the practices, procedures and protocols within the allied health team.
- Determine the functional performance level of the participant through relevant assessments
- Establish goals in collaboration with the participant or relevant others to improve social and economic participation
- Support skill development and identify ways to engage participants to maximise their potential and independence
- Implement and evaluate interventions according to goal achievement, outcome and effectiveness
- Educate participants and families/carers on intervention implementation
- Develop systems to collect information required for reporting, planning and overseeing implementation
- Maintain an understanding of community/client needs and engage in planning, strategic direction setting and implementation of new directions
- Develop and implement risk management framework and procedures to minimize risk to clients
- Ensure that Quality Assurance and Quality Management Standards are incorporated into service delivery
- Support and contribute to projects, internal working parties and ongoing quality improvements processes
- Contribute to the development of clinical practices, procedures and protocols within the allied health team
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum 2 years post graduate as an Occupational Therapist experience preferably in a community role working with people with disabilities or in aged care
- Degree in Occupational Therapy accepted by Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Current registration with AHPRA
- A strong understanding of the impacts of disability and ageing on physical, emotional, psychosocial, and spiritual wellbeing
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of person-centred care, quality improvement and evidence-based practice and a commitment to implementing these concepts in practice
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality reports and support plans in line with funder requirements
- Established computer literacy with skills in computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail, and literature search engines
- Effective time management skills and ability to work on multiple concurrent tasks, judging priorities appropriately
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, which includes a demonstrated ability to complete sensitive and responsive interactions with colleagues and clients, and external stakeholders
- Compassionate, inclusive and understanding outlook towards vulnerable members of our community
- Collaborative approach to work with a focus of supporting and encouraging others to attain their goals
- Results-oriented and able to manage one’s own time and deliverable over long-term projects.
- Creative and flexible; able to work in the “grey” area between the private sector and community sector
- Passionate and committed to social justice
- Values continuous improvement and innovation
- Excellent multi-tasker able to embrace the challenge of providing leadership to and working effectively with the 3Bridges Community team.
The successful candidate will require National Police Clearance prior to appointment (completed by 3Bridges), Valid NSW working with Children Check clearance, Current NSW drivers’ licence, Valid NDIS Worker's Clearance, and proof of COVID-19 Vaccination.
Benefits in working for 3 Bridges
- Supportive Management team
- Salary Packaging
- Career Development & Training
- Inclusive Community Centered culture
3 Bridges is an equal opportunity employer