Your new company
We are currently supporting a large not for profit provider of early intervention services to children and families affected by intellectual disabilities. This organisation has multiple programs that they offer across schools, community and clinic based settings.
Your new role
As the Occupational Therapist you will manage a case load of children and their families to ensure their needs are identified and plans are created to see they are met. You will support other therapists within the team on the development of cognition, motor and independent skills. Key responsibilities include:
- Assessment and evaluation
- Create reports and ensure detailed information gathering
- Contribute to the implementation of service improvements including program planning
- Support families with the needs around motor skills and sensory processing
- Provide consultation and support to client's families
- Work with the trans-disciplinary team to review clients needs
- Assess and monitor clients skills and their development
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful in this role you will be a passionate clinician looking to support clients in predominantly a clinic based setting. Key requirements:
- AHPRA registration as an Occupational Therapist
- Desirable: experience in supporting an early intervention case load
- Current drivers licence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete assessments and high quality written reports
- Demonstrated experience within the disability sector
What you'll get in return
In return for your commitment to this role you will receive an attractive salary package with not for profit benefits. You will join an organisation with vast progression opportunities to allow your career to flourish within the disability sector.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2521535