- Are you a qualified Support Coordinator passionate about assisting NDIS participants in rural communities?
- Join a well-established organisation providing community-based allied health services
- Flexible part time hours and an attractive remuneration package circa $32,500 based on 38 hours per fortnight ($65,000 FTE)
- Opportunity to increase to full-time hours once demand increases!
Leaders in the delivery of community based allied health, aged care, wellbeing, disability and outreach services in remote Australia since 1993, North and West Remote Health (NWRH) harnesses the diversity, energy and professionalism of a large team of multidisciplinary health care professionals delivering comprehensive healthcare services in remote and indigenous communities across Australia.
This dynamic and evolving organisation continues to break new ground in the provision of direct health services and preventative health programs and is a leading advocate for rural and remote health care.
About the Opportunity
North and West Remote Health Ltd (NWRH) are currently seeking a part-time (0.5 FTE) NDIS Support Coordinator to join their passionate team in Mount Isa, with a view to increase to full-time hours as demand increases.
Reporting to the Community Programs Manager, your primary responsibility will be to engage with NDIS participants to help them realise all the supports identified in their NDIS plans and connecting them with community support organisations to maximise opportunity and independence.
Your day to day responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Supporting NDIS participants to build capacity and coordinate their NDIS plans, while negotiating appropriate support and services;
- Coordinating services as defined in the participant's NDIS plan, utilising a capacity-building approach;
- Preparing, implementing and reviewing service agreements and goal outcomes to ensure appropriate standards are met;
- Resolving crisis situations that impede a participant's ability to achieve their goals;
- Networking and developing relationships with key stakeholders and community organisations to grow the demand for Support Coordination services and potentially source new clients;
- Collaborating with NDIS planners, support providers, participants and their carers to design acceptable solutions for all parties; and
- Identifying opportunities for innovative service delivery that empowers participants to exercise choice and control in accessing a range of supports and services.
Why Join Us?
The successful candidate will receive an attractive remuneration package circa $32,500 based on 0.5 FTE (this equates to a full time salary of $65,000), commensurate with skills and experience and inclusive of super and salary sacrificing options.
A fantastic range of ADDITIONAL benefits will also be provided, including:
- Annual leave loading of 17.5%;
- 5 weeks annual leave;
- Flexible part-time hours (to help define your work schedule); and
- Relocation assistance and rental subsidies (negotiable).
NWRH is one of the largest health service providers in North and West Queensland. You'll be joining a vibrant community and a close-knit team where you will be well supported and have plenty of learning, ongoing professional, and career development opportunities.
About Mount Isa
Also known as the 'Oasis of the Outback', Mount Isa offers the relaxed lifestyle and close-knit, supportive community of a small town, without sacrificing the amenities of city living. With a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options, but none of the traffic or pollution, it's a fantastic place for a sea change, and offers something for everyone, regardless of their interests.
Home to the biggest rodeo in the southern hemisphere, which draws visitors from around the world, Mount Isa also offers the perfect jumping off point to explore the nearby national parks, and Lake Moondarra reservoir, located just 17 km north of the city centre, offers fantastic water sport facilities with a ski jump, pontoons, facilities for water sports, and excellent stocks of barramundi and sooty grunter.
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for these roles;
- All final applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check; and
- Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply