Allianz is THE HOME for those who DARE to walk in the shoes of our customers
We are currently recruiting a National Portfolio Manager Farm to drive future solutions that will meet the needs of our rural and regional farm customers and we would love to solicit interest as a growth opportunity from individuals within the wider Allianz organisation.
This key role sits within our Technical Division which is responsible for pricing, portolio management, reinsurance and underwriting services. We support the distribution functions through the improvement of the product and pricing framework for all of the Allianz General Insurance portfolios.
The National Portfolio Manager, Farm role is responsible for strengthening the underwriting capabilities and securing long term profitable growth of Allianz's Farm portfolio by proactively implementing identified strategies, systems and underwriting controls.
You'll be responsible for:
Pricing, underwriting and performance - Monitoring portfolio trends and identifying opportunities and underperforming segments, Competitor monitoring and identifying markets trends, Promoting and implementing data-driven and automated portfolio management approaches, Monitoring, analysis and assessment portfolio development and assess risks and performance, Define guidelines for distribution on pricing and underwriting to ensure profitability of portfolio, Set technical underwriting rules and risk appetite, Work collaboratively with all key stakeholders to steer the portfolio to achieve growth and profitability targets and build strong relationships between policy operations, distribution and technical
Product strategy, development and governance - Work collaboratively to drive product innovation and develop and lead portfolio strategies aswell as meet customer needs through both new and existing products.
Product Delivery - Design and implement new products and solutions for commercial packages customers, Lead system and process initiatives that support achievement of portfolio targets, Provide technical advice on pricing and acceptance of difficult/unusual risks, schemes or non standard rating arrangements, Working collaboratively with the SME Direct CVP Portfolio Manager to support the development of leading CVP and CX for the direct channel
To be successful in the role you'll need:
* Prior experience in portfolio management / underwriting / strategy
* You'll have strong product knowledge particularly in the Farm space, with a connection to the farming community and demonstrating good knowledge on relevant industry issues
* Ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with stakeholders across the business.
* Customer focused
* Sales confidence and resilience.
What you'll gain:
* This is an excellent growth opportunity for an individual looking to take that next step in their career in a role where you'll build long-term customer relationships rather than fulfil short-term objectives.
* You'll have leaders who want to bring out the best in youYou'll gain technical portfolio management skills which will be amazing on your resume and will set your career up well for the future.
* You'll have the opportunity to be more creative and learn to use other levers to turn a portfolio around than just blunt pricing.
* The technical experience you will gain is highly valued in the distribution space, a number of senior leaders in distribution have come through this channel.
Allianz is committed to employment equity and promoting an inclusive work environment. We welcome applications from men and women regardless of race or cultural diversity, age, sexual orientation or identity, disability, political and religious standing as well as thinking and working styles. We invite you to let us know of any reasonable adjustments you require to equitably participate in the recruitment process or in performing the requirements of the role.