Museum Experience Officer
As a member of the Museum Experience Team (MET), you will have excellent people skills, enjoy working with a diverse public and have the ability to deliver and support a range of engaging public programs and essential services.
You will need to be committed to, and interested in, the work of the Museum of Australian Democracy and have a sound knowledge of Australian politics and history.
As the first point of contact to all visitors, you will be required to provide information on exhibitions, tours and events, provide cloaking services and be responsible for the collection and receipting of public monies. You will be required to move around the public areas of the museum and deliver presentations which involve standing for long periods of time.
Under the general supervision of the Team Leader - Museum Experience:
1. Provide high quality interactions with museum visitors, including entry management, providing information to promote current museum programs, retail sales and handling telephone calls.
2. Deliver and support a range of museum public programs including tours, events and facilitating activities in exhibition spaces. Occasional after hours work may be required.
3. Support and provide general direction to volunteers to ensure that their role is carried out effectively and is aligned with the museum's objectives.
4. Engage in productive working relationships that add value to service delivery
5. In association with other museum teams, support compliance with agency security and heritage requirements, and monitor exhibition functionality.
Successful applicants must:
*Be an Australian Citizen
*Be willing to undergo an Australian Government security clearance and maintain it at the baseline level
*Hold an ACT Working with Vulnerable People card prior to commencement
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for an irregular/intermittent term
Irregular / intermittent / casual employment