Mining Operations Manager
- Key operational role reporting to the General Manager
- Large scale O/C truck and shovel operation in NSW
- Excellent salary package and benefits including vehicle and housing allowance
About the Company:
Idemitsu has a long and proud history, with a strong focus on its people. The company is committed to the safety and wellbeing of people, working with local communities, ensuring the sustainability of the environment and creating a workplace where contributions are recognised and appreciated.
Idemitsu has been operating in Australia since 1978 and owns mining operations and assets in QLD and NSW. Producing approximately 13.5 million tonnes of product per annum for domestic and export markets they are a successful and profitable mining house with a strong leadership team and balance sheet committed to the Australian resources sector.
Boggabri Mine is an O/C Truck and Shovel operation located in the Gunnedah basin which has been operating since 2006. The mine produces approximately 7.3 million tonnes of product coal and supports a workforce of around 700 employees and contractors.
About the Role:
Due to an internal promotion the business is looking to appoint a Mine Operations Manager whose main responsibility will be to manage the mining & mobile plant maintenance operations of the site, including achieving compliance with Idemitsu’s & Boggabri Coal’s business requirements.
The Mining Operations Manager also creates and extends a workplace culture conducive to achieving measurable improvements in standards of health, safety, environment, community, mining & maintenance processes and costs.
Finally the role will be appointed statutory ‘Mine Engineer Manager” for the site and as such will have obligations and responsibilities under all relevant Mine Safety Legislation.
Some of the skills & experience required:
- Tertiary qualifications in mining engineering or maintenance
- NSW Statutory Mine Engineering Manager accreditation
- 10 + years of suitable and relevant site based experience in operational or engineering positions ideally in O/C operations
- Structured problem solver, who is aware of and focuses on the value drivers in the business
- Ability to devise and implement new systems and processes.
- Skilled at employee relations communication, influencing and negotiations.
- Develops alternative pathways and is able to articulate reasons for chosen option.
- Develops visible plans for goal accomplishment.
- Able to work effectively with peers and can manage many concurrent tasks
- Can demonstrate work & personal values that area aligned to the business
- Attractive salary package including short term incentive program
- Company supplied vehicle and local living allowance
- Full relocation support to the local region
- Work with an engaging & supportive management team who will support your growth both professionally & personally
How to apply:
Click Apply or contact Lucas Eyers at Stellar Recruitment for a confidential discussion.
Email: [email protected]