Kelly Scientific is looking for Microbiologist
Our client is a leading Australian brewery who specialise in the creation of Pale Ale.
The Microbiologist will run the microbiology laboratory testing in Geelong. They will be delivering timely, accurate and reliable results to ensure products adhere to specifications with the use of efficient laboratory practices.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Provide accurate, timely and reliable results
- Ensure laboratory microbiological procedures
- Manage the reporting of analytical results to internal customers
- Provide technical support for company and site initiatives
- Ability to engage key stakeholders and support continuous improvement activity at the manufacturing sources
- Perform Yeast Propagations of culture yeast strains
- Technical laboratory skills, such as reagent preparation, pipette use, membrane filtration, equipment maintenance and calibration
To be considered for this role, you will meet the following essential criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in a technically related discipline i.e. microbiology, biological sciences, food technology
- Ideally 2 years experience in a food microbiological laboratory
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) within a FMCG laboratory environment
- Equipment use, calibration and maintenance, specifically pipettes, balances and pH meters
- Have previous experience in microbiological method verification and validation
If you have the qualifications, skills and experience we need an opportunity to be part of a growing organisation that is passionate about what it does.
If this sound like a role for you then please apply now!