- Unique environment with a real opportunity to make a difference
- Nurse-led model of primary healthcare offering significant autonomy
- Full-Time & Part-Time Positions Available (7 day rotating shifts, no nights)
Correct Care Australasia is Australia's largest correctional healthcare provider; operating across all of Victoria's fourteen publicly managed prisons, one private prison, and two youth justice centres. Our vision, to provide 'Healthcare Without Judgement', is the foundation for the outstanding service we provide across a range of health needs for a unique and vulnerable patient group.
We are seeking an experienced Mental Health Nurse to join our primary care team at the Ravenhall Correctional Centre where we run the primary mental health services for 1300 prisoners. Working with this vulnerable patient cohort offers our staff the chance to provide continuity of care within a recovery-based model.
We have permanent full-time and part-time positions available. The shifts are 8 hours, on a rotating roster Monday to Sunday, between the hours of 8 am and 7 pm. No late evening shifts, nor any night shifts.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and review patients mental health care plans, in consultation with the patient
- Closely monitor patients mental state and provide thorough mental health assessments and risk assessments in an outpatient setting
- Run an outpatient depot clinic
- Provide primary mental health discharge planning
- Receive new patients, who have been transferred to Ravenhall, ensuing continuum of care
- Provide primary health care support to patients, throughout their stay at the correctional facility
- Liaise with a multidisciplinary healthcare team to provide coordinated patient management
Essential experience and attributes include the following selection criteria:
- Registered General Nurse qualification with a post graduate Mental Health qualification or equivalent
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- A minimum of at least two years’ post graduate psychiatric nursing experience
- Recent nursing experience in a mental healthcare setting
- Superior communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Proven experience dealing with complaints and incident management
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills
Why Correct Care?
Our recent staff survey highlighted some of the reasons we come to work every day:
- To be non-judgemental, delivering equal care to all
- Working with a great team
- Having adequate resources to do the job well
- To be able to provide care to a vulnerable population
- Working in a custodial environment which is interesting and challenging
If you are an experience Mental Health Nurse with a post graduate qualification in Mental Health Nursing (or specialised degree), we would love to hear from you!
Click apply now!
To obtain a copy of the position description please email [email protected] For further information about this role contact Kylie Stockdale the Health Services Manager at RCC on (03) 8363 2688. Alternatively, you can visit our website at www.correctcare.com.au to see a full list of available positions.
Applicants must successfully undergo a police check and a working with children check. Correct Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer