We are leaders in mental health service delivery, specialising in working with adults and young people, and in early childhood intervention.
Stride is a name that expresses our ambition – it’s a name that’s purposeful and shows awareness of the important role we play in the recovery journey.
As we embark on our next stage, join us to make a difference. We're here to Stride.
headspace Centres act as a one-stop-shop for young people who need help with mental health, physical health, alcohol and other drugs and/or work and study support .
- Based in Hurstville
- Part-time (0.3 FTE) & Fixed-term (9 month parental leave cover)
- Starting base salary $90,000 FTE plus super
- Plus Salary Packaging options (up to $15,899 tax free!!)
- Plus meals and entertainment allowance of up to $2,650!
- Plus Leave loading at 17.5%
- Paid parental leave
- Stride Rewards – access to discounts from 100s of retailers (fashion, food and fitness)
- Reflective practice supervision
- Excellent training and development
- Supportive team environment
- Psychological Support Services (PSS) provides evidenced based short term focused psychological intervention/treatment for young people, aged 12-25 years, who have a diagnosable moderate/severe mental illness, or who have attempted, or are at risk of, suicide or self-harm.
- As a PSS clinician you will be responsible for brief and ongoing interventions and the development of collaborative individual care plans to people aged 12 - 25 years.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will participate in the planning and development of services for clients with mental health issues and their families, which are consistent with best practice standards and evidence-based care, and are in line with the strategic direction and vision for headspace.
- You will further contribute to the development and maintenance of community partnerships with key external stakeholders, developing effective interfaces across programs within the service as well as participating in relevant research activities
- Must have one of the following: General AHPRA registration as a Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist, Registered Mental Health Occupational Therapist OR Mental Health Nurse OR Mental Health Social Worker (Accredited Mental Health Training & membership with AASW)
- Providers are required to be trained in delivering psychological therapies, currently or recently engaged in clinical practice in that field and have 2 years of experience working in the field.
- Experience providing clinical services to young people (12-25 years)
- Skills and experience in delivering Focused Psychological Therapies
- Well-developed judgment and evaluation skills demonstrating a working understanding assessment and care planning
- Sound understanding of the public, non-government and private mental health systems and programs and associated non-mental health programs in a community setting
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills showing an ability and sensitivity to work with people who have or are at risk of developing a mental illness
- Proven ability to work creatively, collaboratively and effectively as a member of a team
- Demonstrated skills in organisation and time-management, including the ability to work under pressure and balance multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Must be eligible to apply/currently hold a WWCC
- Must be willing to apply for/currently hold NDIS worker screening clearance
Stride is an inclusive workplace and we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds in order to enhance the depth of cultural diversity and insight within our workforce.
This includes but is not limited to people with a lived-experience of mental health recovery, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role.
Applications will be viewed and actioned upon receipt, with a final closing date of 7 August 2021
For any queries please email [email protected]