Whilst we pause on immediate hiring decisions, during this very difficult and challenging time, we are still committed to taking a long term view of our recruitment needs. If you are interested in joining our Talent Community and positioning yourself to be ready for developing a career within Mazars, we are keen to hear from you. We will be able to identify the right role and team for when the time comes to make the move.
YOUR YEARS AT MAZARS, YEARS THAT COUNT!
• At Mazars, you don’t just have contacts, you create a world-class network for life
• If you believe you can do it, we help you achieve it
• Wherever you are, we are all part of the same family
Operating in over 91 countries and territories, Mazars is an international integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services. We provide international opportunities and a world-class network of ‘Mazarians’.
At Mazars, we are looking for top talent to join our integrated partnerships across the globe, who will contribute to our business and build both their future and ours! Much more than ‘just a job’, working at Mazars is a true-life experience. Your years at Mazars will shape you, push you forward and empower you. They will allow you to travel, to venture and to join a strong developing group.
Mazars in Australia recently won the 2020 AccountantsDaily Awards for Network of the Year and Professional Development Program of the Year. You will not find a better environment to achieve your full potential!
In the role you will be working within a small highly technical Tax team. This role needs a professional with a passion for Tax who enjoys reading and researching legislation and is looking to further their skills in a team that offers a wide variety of technical work and has a depth of experience that will help you grow your knowledge and skills. You will have a commercial mind to be able to apply the Tax law to business situations and provide practical advice to clients.
You may be already working in a similar role, or you may have some technical tax advisory experience in your current role and are looking to expand your skills in a full time technical tax role.
About the job:
- Undertake tax research, analysing and interpreting tax legislation
- Draft advice for clients in relation to various Australian taxation issues
- Assistance in relation to structuring of businesses and investments
- Tax advisory for companies and individuals
- Assist with taxation compliance for complex taxpayers and groups
- Report to the Tax Director or Manager
- Liaise and negotiate with the ATO on behalf of clients
- Review of tax returns for Trusts, Companies, Partnership and Individuals
- Provide practical taxation advice, meeting business needs
- Degree in Business/Commerce/Law
- At least 3 years Tax Consulting or Business Services experience in a public practice
- Preferably completed or undertaking CA/CPA
- Ideally undertaking a Masters of Tax
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.