Our client require an experienced (5 years) Media & Public Affairs adviser to join their Head Office team based in Sydney's CBD for a busy four month contract.
Reporting to the Media and Public Affairs Manager, you will be responsible for generating and responding to media and social media content and to work closely with the other functions in the Corporate Affairs team including Corporate Communications and Government and Stakeholder Relations.
- Act as a spokesperson in the media, and answer after hours media enquiries
- Actively manage social media content and accounts to ensure a consistent and appropriate presentation of the organisation's presence to the wider community
- Craft punchy and engaging social media strategies and content that appeals to the audiences and drives increased reach and followers
- Source, write and edit content suitable for a range of communication material on key issues such as media releases, media responses, issues briefs, speeches, ministerial briefing documents and other material
- Identify and strategically manage emerging media issues and crisis communication; respond to time-sensitive media requests
- Develop and deliver a pipeline of unpaid media coverage and social content to showcase organisation to key audiences
- Craft senior leader speeches, key messages and points
- Research, monitor and analyse media reporting on industry issues; identify and report on any sensitive or potential issues
- Degree qualifications and/or demonstrated, equivalent experience in media relations and communications
- Media background or experience in media and public affairs in a medium to large organisation with demonstrated experience delivering proactive media and securing tangible results
- Production level experience with the ability to film and edit social content for broadcast on all platforms
- Experience in crisis communication and responding to high profile issues in mainstream and social media
- Experience operating both autonomously and in a team environment
- High level written communication skills including writing, proofreading and proven experience developing engaging content online for web and social channel
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience responding strategically to high profile issues
- Demonstrated experience working under tight deadlines and with high volumes
Please apply now for immediate consideration or call Sarah Robinson on 8298 3827.