- $65 per hour + Super | 40hours per week
- NSW State Government | Eveleigh Location
- ASAP Start | 4-month temporary assignment, with a potential to extend
Our large NSW State Government client was established to ensure the NSW community are provided with the same high-quality treatment and care that is vital to optimizing the outcomes and quality of life for patients. They are currently seeking an experienced Media Liaison Officer to join their team in Eveleigh. This is an estimated 4-month temporary assignment, with a potential to extend.
Working within the Media and Communications business unit, you will be responsible for delivery the Departments media and public relations programs and activities, whilst ensuring public comment of the Department is consistent with it’s goals and objectives.
In this rewarding role, you will be undertaking the following duties:
- Establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships with Ministers’ Offices, media representatives, managers, Government bodies as well as other media and communications staff across the portfolio
- Ensure a high level of service by providing timely and accurate responses to media inquiries
- Dealing with the media on contentious issues to minimise negative public perception
- Conduct research and monitor media services, dissemination of summary information as required
- Deliver briefs on issues raised in the media
- Prepare and issue media statements, promoting positive stories
To be successful in this great assignment you will have the following:
- Demonstrated Media Liaison experience
- Previous experience within the Public Health or Justice Sectors desirable
- Impeccable communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Sound experience in handling sensitive, confronting and confidential information
- Superior organisational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting deadlines
- Solid analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Takes initiative, with a strong team and task focus
- Ability to commence and commit to the duration of the assignment
- Valid Driver’s Licence and flexibility to travel throughout metropolitan and regional areas
Applications will be reviewed within 48 hours of the job positing. Please submit your resume via the “apply now” button to be considered for the role. Only suitable applicants will be contacted.