Broadspectrum (Australia) Pty Ltd.
Job description: Confluence Water Pty Ltd (Confluence Water), a Broadspectrum, Downer EDI and Jacobs joint venture, has been announced as one of three consortia to deliver services under Sydney Water’s Partnering for Success program. Confluence Water will deliver design, construction, maintenance and facilities management services in Sydney Water’s North region, which stretches from Sydney Harbour to the Hawkesbury River and includes the Hills Shire. This is a 10-year contract and as part of this contract Broadspectrum are committed to developing people within local communities.
An opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Supervisor has become available to join a global, diverse organisation supporting one of our newly won contracts!
The successful Mechanical Supervisor will be leading the team from the front, and be the driver of a strong and positive working culture. As a Mechanical Supervisor, you will be responsible for leading and supervising Mechanical Trades personnel, and ensure effective delivery of all Mechanical Maintenance. We are a seeking a Mechanical Supervisor who has experience mentoring and leading successful Mechanical teams. This is a permanent, full-time position, based in Northern Sydney.
* Provide leadership, coaching and direction to mechanical trades. Promote a productive, cohesive, fair, engaged, sustainable and safety minded mechanical trades workforce.
* Collaborate and support the maintenance/MPM delivery planning team in allocating appropriate resources, equipment and plant material
* Advise maintenance/ MPM team on durations and lead times for upcoming work orders
* Manage the day-to-day activities of major or complex MPM work orders and delegate where appropriate
* Be the escalation point to resolve day-to-day issues associated with the delivery of MPM works
* Collaborate with the other trade leads to ensure alignment of working culture, efficient work planning and appropriate collaboration across the broader team
* Support Project Engineers in the development of delivery strategies.
* Perform site audits of trades and subcontractors, recommend and drive improvement actions
Key Experiences & Skills:
* Certificate III or IV in Engineering – Mechanical Trade
* Lead a team of tradespeople in utility maintenance
* Lead reliability and performance improvements
* Experience training and coaching other staff
* Proficient in MS Office software and SAP
* Tubing & Fitting (Inspections only)
* Flange Management
* Work Safely at Heights
* Enter Confined Space
* Receive work orders digitally
If you have the required qualifications, skills and experience we would love to hear from you! Please click apply and include your resume for this fantastic opportunity.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and create a high-performance business. Broadspectrum has an ongoing commitment to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through our Elevated Reconciliation Action Plan.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 110879