Your new company
Your new organisation is an industry leader, with business segments providing advanced Defence and Commercial technologies across Air, Land, Sea, Space and Cyber Domains. This company has an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Manager to join their team based in Brisbane.
Your new role
In your role as the Manufacturing Manager, you will be responsible for leading, planning, directing, managing, and growing the manufacturing function to ensure efficient and prompt delivery of high-quality products.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Utilising exceptional planning skills, generate a medium range production plan to analyse and balance capacity requirements
- Proactively identify resource bottlenecks and generate position descriptions, justifications, and requisitions
- Proactively identify equipment bottlenecks and obtain quotes to generate any requests required
- Actively manage production to the production plans
- Using visual management techniques to conduct daily stand-up planning meetings and take remedial action early
- Maintaining operational control over the manufacturing facility and coordinate all manufacturing work in progress
- Utilising exceptional people management skills, direct and manage all manufacturing staff
- Leading, organising and conducting monthly production meetings
- Performance review management for direct reports and implementation throughout all levels
- Actively monitor production and RMA job costs, identify potential cost overruns early and take action
- Actively participate in the analysis and preparation of new bids & proposals
- Organise the annual VOSCAL calibration
- Check & ensure all maintenance/critical process record logs are up to date
- Utilise lean manufacturing and Six Sigma principles to raise, evaluate and down-select product and process improvement ideas in collaboration with the CI Lead
- Enthusiastically promote a preventative injury and incident culture
- Timely completion of staff Supervisor Reports
- Regularly update Skills Matrixes and ensure all Production staff training is up to date
- Actively promoting a high-performing culture where staff is empowered and accountable
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience in a Manufacturing Management role within the Defence Industry. You will also possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Production Management and/or Project Management
- In-depth knowledge of ERP and MES systems and production costs
- Exposure to lean manufacturing and Six Sigma manufacturing principles
- Experience in managing small to medium sized teams
- Highly effective communication skills and techniques
- Experience in managing projects
- Ability to lead a team to deliver specific outcomes
- Proven experience coaching and developing employees for success
- Ability to delegate and manage performance
Please note Australian Citizenship is essential for this position as you will be required to have a NV1 security clearance or higher, or the ability to obtain one.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary and permanent position based in the company’s Brisbane head office. You will be working on exciting projects that are current and in the near future while becoming a key part of the team. To jump on-board with this excellent company, apply today!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to [email protected] If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2563349