Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to our customers by having the most professional, skilled and engaged people who drive innovation. With over 3,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and New Caledonia, progressing our business forward is a key element of our success. At Komatsu we consider ourselves family where we meet challenges together, solve complicated problems together, strive for a better future together and most importantly enjoy ourselves whilst developing great friendships. Your Success is Our Success.
We have an exciting opportunity available in our Rutherford team for a Manufacturing Engineer, reporting to the Industrial Manufacturing Engineer Manager. The role involves the establishment and maintenance of safe manufacturing engineering processes, tooling, fixtures, and equipment for all Komatsu Mining products.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Design approval and acquisition of tooling, jigs, and fixtures
- Delivery of the Capital projects on time, on budget and to plan
- Evaluate the procurement, installation and the safe start up and evaluation of equipment.
- Evaluate operating and manufacturing cost reduction and help maintaining departmental budget
- Facilitate Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) analysis for safety, quality, delivery and cost
- Initiate or participate in continuous improvement, OPEX and lean manufacturing activities
- Establish shop layout, process improvements
Key skills and attributes required for this role:
- Diploma in Engineering and/or tradesman certificate
- 3-5 years work experience in the mechanical engineering or industrial engineering fields
- Experienced with tooling, jigs & fixtures
- Continuous improvement and lean manufacturing
- SAP Service and Production modules
- Visio – Facility Layouts, CAD/ Inventor- for jigs design
- Project Management
- Understand the manufacturing process
- Safety change agent and leader
- Able to facilitate root cause analysis of problems across multiple disciplines
To be successful for this role, you need to have a flexible and motivated approach to work, and have the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
If you would like to pursue this career opportunity, please APPLY today with an up-to-date resume.
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Join the Komatsu family and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth.