BDO is one of the world’s leading accountancy and advisory organisations with almost 75,000 people working out of 1,500 offices in 162 countries. At BDO, exceptional client service underpins our belief system and all aspects of service delivery to our clients. We provide a flexible working environment that encourages open communication and collaboration. There are continuous opportunities to learn, build strong relationships with diverse client groups and expand networks nationally and globally at all stages of your career.
We are seeking an experienced Manager to join BDO WA Business Services team. This position will be involved in providing professional accounting services to a diverse range of clients, from start-up businesses to multi-million dollar businesses.
Business Services works with businesses and family groups, advising on accounting and compliance right through to developing strategies for business growth, acquisitions, divestments and succession.
Business Services is driven by close client relationships, personalised attention, and providing value added services.
- Delegating and managing workflow;
- Overseeing professional development of team including coaching, training, appraising and ensuring KPI’s are met;
- Responsible for maintaining client relationships;
- Analysing, reviewing and monitoring internal reporting systems, including budgets, write offs and WIPs; productivity reports and reviewing and monitoring ATO lodgement schedules;
- Ensure jobs are completed efficiently and effectively by meeting technical standards, deadlines and within job budget with complete working papers;
- Liaising with ATO and general correspondence in relation to income tax, PAYG & GST matters;
- Managing the preparation and reviewing of Business/Instalment Activity Statement and
- Fringe Benefits Tax returns;
- Researching and preparing advice on various taxation issues;
- Able to identify client issues, develop a solution and communicate/sell the solution to the client;
- Preparation of client presentations, proposals and presentation of papers on taxation issues for internal training forums and external groups
To be successful in this position, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum 3-7 years’ experience within a seniority role in a public practice environment within the business advisory field;
- Degree qualified in commerce, accounting or equivalent;
- Eligible for membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia or an equivalent professional body;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of income tax in both consulting and compliance for large privately owned groups;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge in tax advisory;
- Demonstrated area of technical expertise used to assist new and existing clients in growing their business;
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Federal and State tax legislation with relevant experience in taxation and business services;
- Strong tax compliance focus;
- Ability to lead small teams and supervise staff;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills together with sound interpersonal skills including judgement and tact;
- Strong computing skills and knowledge of client accounting software packages.
What we will offer you
We offer the professional opportunities, personal fulfilment, and long-term growth that only a growing global firm like BDO can provide. We are committed to your ongoing development to build your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills. We take pride in our health and wellbeing and workplace giving programs, as well as the range of social activities organised by each office. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
In addition to an industry competitive salary package, BDO offers a culture that emphasises career growth, professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility and global opportunities.
If you’re looking to be part of a growing global firm that offers career development, empowerment, a personal, collaborative culture and flexibility view our positions available now.
At BDO, we value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. As a firm, we are committed to a diverse, flexible and inclusive culture, where everyone can be themselves at work in an environment that brings out the best in them and their colleagues.
To submit your application please click Apply Now.
Recruitment Agencies - thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.