When it comes to connecting brands with the passions of Australians, there’s no other media company like Nine.
As the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning news, business and finance, lifestyle, entertainment and sport, we pride ourselves on creating and curating quality content, accessed by consumers when and how they want.
About the Role
How would you like to play a critical role in shaping the digital product experience for Nine, Australia's largest & most trusted media company?
An exciting opportunity exists for a Product Manager to join the Data, Engineering & Analytics team working on product strategy for high profile brands The Age, The Sydney Morning Herald, The Australian Financial Review, 9Now and nine.com.au at Nine.
As a Product Manager, you will be a critical cog in the Data, Engineering & Analytics team, responsible for helping the business to improve performance by understanding, segmenting and analysing digital audience behaviour and journeys.
From day one, you will partner with key stakeholders across Product, Marketing, Editorial, Commercial and Finance to define their data requirements, working in close collaboration with Technology to bring these requirements to life.
Everyday is going to throw up new & interesting problems to solve, that said your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Understand the data needs of key stakeholders
- Translate these needs into requirements that Technology understands
- Work with the Data, Engineering and Analytics team to build great data products
About the team
The Product team, which has an open & transparent support policy, led by a passionate and experienced executive team, and often promotes from within. The team meets regularly and collaborates as a specialist business function, with responsibility and ideas shared openly & freely across the team.
As part of the wider media operation, you will also be given exposure to advertising, digital publishing and subscriptions, where the team's experience and knowledge can be harnessed to help shape/influence large-scale business change.
Are you able to demonstrate real-life product management experiences, where you have translated complex business problems from a wide and demanding stakeholder group, into requirements for Technology teams?
If you answered (yes!) to this question and have the critical skills and experience listed below, we want to hear from you today!
- Broad experience working with key stakeholders from Marketing to Commercial and all the way to Finance
- Background in data visualisations
- Interest in the Australian Media landscape
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrable ability to simplify complexity and take an open, flexible & consultative approach to problem solving
What you'll get in return at Nine.
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Hybrid Working/Flexible working
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners including Samsung, Apple, JB HI-FI, HP, Hertz Car Hire and TFE Hotels
- Nine Cares
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you'll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Nine’s Workplace Condition of Entry
Nine is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and doing what is reasonably practical to protect our people, including visitors to all Nine sites and events.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes