About our team
GFG Alliance has an agile, entrepreneurial culture with high energy, strong levels of ambition, and sustainable growth plans. This brings opportunities for GFG’s people and businesses to flourish and develop. We work with our people to determine how we can grow our business and our future. We are committed to uncompromising levels of safety, strong customer centricity and diversity. Wherever they are in the world, our people are our greatest asset.
About the role
Reporting into the National Manager OTC, this role is responsible for the management of risk assessment of customers and the analysis of the overall credit exposure for the recommendation of terms of credit.
This role will also be responsible for;
- Effective management of credit risk across multiple businesses within GFG Alliance
- Managing interaction with both internal and external legal and collections agencies as well as management of bad debt provision
- Liaising with business units to appropriately balance and optimize portfolio risk
- Advancing risk assessment of customers, negotiating and managing security arrangements and establishing appropriate credit limits
- Negotiating & approving refinancing of Overdue Debts
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to the Risk team.
About your experience
We are looking for an analytical individual with a strong attention to detail who can influence senior stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have strong negotiating skills with strong decision-making abilities.
The ideal candidate will also have;
- A degree in Accounting or related Finance/Business degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years relevant credit or financial experience demonstrating strong financial analysis skills
- Leadership experience with the ability to motivate team efforts and influence outside organizational boundaries.
- Aptitude for managing processes and driving towards best-in-class process performance.
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.