Nine Network’s content includes a combination of strong locally produced programs and international content arrangements including news, current affairs, sporting events (and leading sports broadcasting content from the National Rugby League and Tennis Australia), entertainment and lifestyle programs.
The Nine Network broadcasts leading locally produced shows including The Block, Married at First Sight and Australian Ninja Warrior.
Our finance team is responsible for Locally produced programs. This involves financial reporting on a monthly basis (reconciliations, forecasting and cashflow analysis) and day to day management of productions (budget preparation /review, expenses coding and approval & payroll analysis).
Reporting to the Local Productions Finance Manager, you will be responsible for day to day activities to ensure financial management of various Local Programs and Departments. This includes assisting with Month end reporting, Budgets & forecasting, and Cashflow reporting.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Monthly review of departmental expenses and analysis of variances to budget and forecast expenditure
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation and presentation of monthly departmental management accounts to department heads and key users of financial information
- Monthly expenditure forecasts and explanation of variances to budget, including Headcount analysis
- Weekly & monthly cashflow reporting and co-ordination with Accounts Payable
- Preparation of annual departmental budgets including salary costs, production costs and internal recharges
- Preparation of year end statutory accounts and meeting audit requirements
- Expenditure approval, including petty cash and debit card reconciliation and journals
- Support with program budgets, reporting, talent payments, analysis and financial support to Network Executives
- Participates in and supports a team environment
Essential experience & skills
- Qualified Accountant (CA or CPA)
- Proven financial experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong reconciliation skills, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work to a deadline and the ability to prioritise and manage their time and time of others
- Ability to communicate in a clear, timely and consistent manner
- A personal high standard of quality to their work
Desirable experience & skills
- Television industry experience
If you enjoy a dynamic working environment and collaborative team culture, please connect with us today!
We embrace all aspects of diversity & inclusion and are committed to creating a workplace which reflects the incredibly diverse customers, audiences and communities we serve