- Diverse Management Accounting role
- 3 month Full Time role
- Excellent team culture
3 Month Management Accounting contract in thriving Local Government organisation in the Eastern suburbs.
Your new company
A thriving public sector organisation based in the Eastern suburbs.
Your new role
Directly reporting to the Management Accounting Coordinator, your key responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the management of the Annual Budget, Budget Review and Forecast processes in a timely and effective manner in accordance with best practice.
- Provide support and advice in the continuous improvement of Council's budget development and financial reporting systems.
- Assist in the review of Council's Long Term Financial Forecast.
- Assist in the Monthly Management Reporting process which monitors and analyses performance against budget.
- Review, provide recommendations and maintain appropriate rates of depreciation and threshold levels to all classification of fixed assets.
- Reconcile the fixed assets register with Council's and other entities general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Actively participate in the Finance Department’s involvement in the Capital Works Program Budget development and ongoing Monitoring and Reporting working collaboratively with Engineering and Infrastructure and all relevant departments;
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- CA/CPA membership (desirable).
- Previous experience working for Local Government in a Management Accounting capacity will be highly regarded.
- Experience using MagiQ (preferable).
- Excellent communication skills with experience liaising with senior stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and ability to balance competing priorities and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a collaborative work environment.
What you'll get in return
- A 3 month Contract starting early June.
- Competitive Hourly rate.
- Collaborative work environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Sam Kitchen, or call us now on 03 9604 9604.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.