Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
About the opportunity
Can you bring your wealth of maintenance experience to our team and successfully deliver an exceptional maintenance service to our sites? Then we want to hear from you as part of our ongoing talent in demand program that targets our top 10 high-volume roles in Australia!
As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will play an integral part in the success of our operations. This front-line leadership role is responsible for coaching others to reach their full potential, developing and upholding very high maintenance practices whilst guiding diverse teams to achieve the overall goals and objectives of the site.
Core activities of the role includes:
- Maximise the availability of the plant driving efficiencies in cost and time
- Provide input in to the operating budgets and plans for site maintenance activities
- Facilitate the maximum use of resources through close liaison with the production manager.
- Work with the Maintenance Manager to ensure effective and clear communication of targets and objectives for your team.
- Ensure industrial hygiene standards with regards to dust and noise etc are maintained through regular surveys and the use of appropriate PPE.
- Ensure the best match of equipment and people to deliver an effective maintenance solution.
- Build and instil attitude of continuous improvement seeking out new initiatives to continue to evolve processes and procedures.
For the right candidate, flexible work arrangements would be considered for this role. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
As a nationally recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusion, Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences.
Our values €“ act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people €“ are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success you will have:
- A proven commitment to safety and the environment.
- A passion for delivering results through others with an ability to effectively coach and mentor a team.
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy and self-motivation.
- Experience in initiating, leading and implementing change initiatives.
- A strong maintenance background is important ideally with experience of working in a refining, mineral processing plant or mining/industrial environment.
- A certificate in Front Line Management or similar experience would be highly regarded.
- Trade qualifications in either a mechanical or electrical discipline.
If you would be interested in a career with Alcoa, register for our talent pool today and explore the opportunity to join our team!
About where you may work
Kwinana Alumina Refinery is located 40 kilometres south of Perth in the Kwinana Industrial Area. It is a major employer in the area with approximately 850 employees. An estimated 48 per cent of employees live in the neighbouring communities of Kwinana, Cockburn and Rockingham.
Pinjarra Alumina Refinery is located 90 kilometres south of Perth, a 30-minute drive from the coastal city of Mandurah and six kilometres, or a 10 minute drive, east of the regional town of Pinjarra. It is situated in the Peel region of Western Australia, within the Shire of Murray and is a major regional employer with approximately 1000 employees.
Wagerup Alumina Refinery is located on the border of Western Australia€™s Peel and South West regions, 130 kilometres south of Perth, four kilometres north of Yarloop and 13 kilometres south of Waroona. Wagerup refinery employs approximately 620 people and of those, around 30 per cent live in the local shires of Waroona and Harvey.
Thursday 2 April 2020
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted as part of our talent programme.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
- Find out more about working for Alcoa in Australia at www.alcoa.com.au/opportunities-aus
About Alcoa in Australia?
- Alcoa employs approximately 4,000 people in Western Australia and Victoria; most of our employees live regionally and our head office is in the Perth suburb of Booragoon.
- Alcoa has been named an employer of choice for 17 consecutive years by the Federal Government€™s Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
- Alcoa is an active and supportive partner in the community. The company sponsors ideas and opportunities important to local people such as addressing mental health, inspiring youth, promoting environmental education and highlighting health and safety.
- Alcoa has been contributing economically and socially in Western Australia and Victoria for more than 56 years. More than 65 per cent of Alcoa€™s Australian annual revenue stays in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalties, capital investment and dividends to Australian shareholders.