Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
About the opportunity
Are you ready to build your career further and showcase your passion for connecting with and leading large maintenance teams? Look no further!
As the Maintenance Manager for our Huntly Bauxite Mine, you will join the site Leadership Team responsible for the operation of one of the largest bauxite mines in the world.
You will provide all aspects of leadership to the groups delivering maintenance services to the Huntly mine. This includes setting strategy, direction and expectations for the groups in all areas. Leading by example and setting cultural behavioural expectations, reflective of the company`s values, will be a critical component of this role.
You will also be a key contributor in formulating infrastructure strategies for future mining regions as the mine progresses.
We anticipate that some of your main challenges will include:
- Maintaining standards, engagement and motivation of employees across various shift patterns in a continuous 24hr operation
- Developing and maintaining long term maintenance reliability strategies across the crushing, conveying, stacking, train loading and mobile maintenance facilities, as well as the site electrical network and potable water system to ensure compliance to legislation whilst delivering the required reliability
- Investigating and implementing productivity, efficiency and technically-based improvements that drive the mine site operations toward best practice
- Collaborating closely with vendors on behalf of our mines to improve equipment performance, efficiencies and ongoing support
- Utilising Alcoa€™s Talent Management processes to identify and develop individuals for succession planning across the department.
For the right candidate, flexible work arrangements would be considered for this role. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
As a nationally recognised employer of choice for diversity, gender equity, an advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusion, Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences.
Our values €“ act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people €“ are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success you will have:
- A proven track record engaging and leading large teams
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Extensive maintenance experience, ideally in a mining, refining or similar heavy industry
- Relevant degree qualification such as Engineering, or extensive trade background with management experience. MBA is highly desirable.
As an Alcoa employee, you will embark on growth opportunities and can truly make a difference being part of an organisation that respects and considers flexibility whilst empowering you with stimulating and challenging work
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time.
About where you will work
Huntly Bauxite Mine is located in the Darling Range near Dwellingup, approximately 100 kilometres south of Perth. It is the world€™s second largest bauxite mine, supplying ore to Alcoa€™s Pinjarra and Kwinana alumina refineries. Approximately 600 people work at the mine.
Tuesday 23rd June 2020
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
- Find out more about working for Alcoa in Australia at www.alcoa.com.au/opportunities-aus
About Alcoa in Australia?
- Alcoa employs approximately 4,000 people in Western Australia and Victoria; most of our employees live regionally and our head office is in the Perth suburb of Booragoon.
- Alcoa has been named an employer of choice for 18 consecutive years by the Federal Government€™s Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
- Alcoa is an active and supportive partner in the community. The company sponsors ideas and opportunities important to local people such as addressing mental health, inspiring youth, promoting environmental education and highlighting health and safety.
- Alcoa has been contributing economically and socially in Western Australia and Victoria for more than 56 years. More than 65 per cent of Alcoa€™s Australian annual revenue stays in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalties, capital investment and dividends to Australian shareholders.